Parents Awards questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mandkmom

Proud Parent
My DD competed today- overall a good meet- medaled in all events. I think she received the correct medals/placements.

But I noticed at least two times where they said there was a tie but the girls had different scores. This is not normal, right?

Example: in vault they said there was 4 way tie which included my DD and another teammate. Teammate had 0.1 lower than my DD. Another time included a tie with two other teammates and again their scores were about 0.1 different.

Now- the scoring system had a few issues where scores were slow to flash. So maybe what we (as a team) recorded was different than actual. And it seems now that girls only got placed higher - not lower. So maybe no harm kind of thing.

But the entire thing seemed odd. And really there isn't anything to do or reason to act. Just wondering if anyone has seen similar or has other ideas of what was up.

This was JO Level 3 if it matters.

I know that oftentimes the flashed scores can be incorrect. So that is most definitely something that could have happened.

I have seen the displayed scores mismatch a couple of times, and at one meet, the awards were really messed up. Not until I got home and looked at MMS did I realize how badly!

It isn't a tie unless the scores are the same. It is possible that scores were adjusted after they were initially entered. This is supposed to show up on the board as a flashing score, but you may not notice it if you weren't watching for it (because you already saw a score for that gymnast). And sometimes the adjustments happen in such a way that the scores don't get displayed on the boards. The adjustments could be for any number of reasons: judge entered the wrong score, judge entered the wrong gymnast number, problem with the keypad, and others that escape me.

If you are curious you can look for a copy of the final standings. Many meets today use Meet Scores Online and you can find the results there. Otherwise look on the gym's website in a few days and see if they post the results there.

I have seen the displayed scores mismatch a couple of times, and at one meet, the awards were really messed up. Not until I got home and looked at MMS did I realize how badly!

Yeah, unfortunately it happens. (Speaking as one who has messed up awards once or twice)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back