Parents Babying your DD?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

linsul - girl, I know you have had to deal with all sorts of parents as a coach. And you could probably picture the scene unfolding all over again. Coaches get burned so much. On the parent side sometimes we have to take a different view. We do have to sit, cheer and many times become friends with these families. Cause, if our dd's stay in the sport we may be together for a lllllaaawwng time :p. As for anonymity, obviously everything we post is not all that anonymous in a public forum. Well, what anonymity?... hold up, I have to pm you for the rest.

Ok, I got a pm notice when I logged in and a window popped open. I haven't read it yet, but if it's my name and addy then I'm going to LOL and eat my words!

*edit inc. after I read it*

Edit- Threatening to violate my privacy to make your case is ironic considering that your point is that it's cyber-bullying. I don't know what to think of that since you said you know all this stuff about me without actually proving it. My final thought on this topic is that if someone is willing to go that far to prove a point, the thread should be locked.

Last edited:
Ok, I got a pm notice when I logged in and a window popped open. I haven't read it yet, but if it's my name and addy then I'm going to LOL and eat my words!

*edit inc. after I read it*

Edit- Threatening to violate my privacy to make your case is ironic considering that your point is that it's cyber-bullying. I don't know what to think of that since you said you know all this stuff about me without actually proving it. My final thought on this topic is that if someone is willing to go that far to prove a point, the thread should be locked.

:rolleyes: Oh good grief - I did not threaten to violate your privacy. As I said I am rushing to get on the road. I can finish my post later on...

:rolleyes: Oh good grief - I did not threaten to violate your privacy. As I said I am rushing to get on the road. I can finish my post later on...

Really I don't understand what you were trying to accomplish then, and I'm not being sarcastic or angry. I'm honestly at a loss. Using the pm to prove what you know about me would've been understandable. Instead I got vaugery about how you know everything about me, my husband, my kids, my work history? I know you're trying to say things aren't as anonymous as they seem, but throwing that out there with no proof just comes across as 'disagree and I'll prove I'm right by revealing all this.' I don't know how to take that other than how I did.

Last edited:
Something about the OP that struck me was the comment that this mom doesn't really talk to the other mom's at practice or meets. I don't know this mother and maybe she is snobby, but in many cases people are just shy. I always cringe when I read things like that because I know that I am that mom who doesn't talk to the other moms. I am very shy and always have been. I know it's not right, but I never start a conversation with anyone I don't know. I'm happy to talk if someone engages me first. A then to top it off let's say that a mother starts talking to me and we have a very nice conversation. The next time I will see this mother I actually feel nervous beforehand. I think silly thinks like "What if I start talking to her and she really doesn't want to talk to me?" I usually end up just saying nothing and then I'm sure I look snobby. I'm such a freak I know!!!

Something about the OP that struck me was the comment that this mom doesn't really talk to the other mom's at practice or meets. I don't know this mother and maybe she is snobby, but in many cases people are just shy. I always cringe when I read things like that because I know that I am that mom who doesn't talk to the other moms. I am very shy and always have been. I know it's not right, but I never start a conversation with anyone I don't know. I'm happy to talk if someone engages me first. A then to top it off let's say that a mother starts talking to me and we have a very nice conversation. The next time I will see this mother I actually feel nervous beforehand. I think silly thinks like "What if I start talking to her and she really doesn't want to talk to me?" I usually end up just saying nothing and then I'm sure I look snobby. I'm such a freak I know!!!
I certainly would not say you are a "freak"...just shy & so am I:). I've struggled with shyness my whole life. Being a nurse has helped me to deal with it better. I usually ask people something about themselves & that gets a conversation started. Everyone tells me I'm a "great listener"! I've also been accused of being a snob...but once someone takes the time & gets to know me, they see it's just my shyness. Guess that's why I try not to judge people & I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Okey dokey folks, this thread has been hijacked so many different ways and I think it has run its natural, and unnatural course. We can all agree to disagree on many things, including parenting. I will state however that it is very, very easy to find out about other folk when they post.

Giving out names, meets, gym names and scores makes it very easy to find who and where we are. So it is good to be careful and it is wise to post with all that in mind. There are at least two paople who have joined this board since me and I could tell you everything about them including their home address and phone number, and they didn't join on my recommendation.

So I declare this topic over, it has been entertaining for sure.

Bog:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back