Back from 1st meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Well after being injured first with shoulder then with knee DD finally competed Today at her first meet of the season. She has only been practicing all the events for about 2 weeks after 8 weeks off. She did great considering.

V - 8.90 7th place
B - 9.10 - 1st place
Be - 7.65 fell and didn't get her connection also VERY tough judges - the 1st place was an 8.65
F - 8.90 - 3rd place
AA - 34.55 - 4th place

It can only get better - next meet next weekend

The whole L7 team did great everyone placed AA in the top 5

The judges on beam were TOUGH!! 7.5 - 8.2 seemed to be the average score there.

Thanks Lhmom - She also came back a little fearful on beam and on the move on floor where she got the knee injury. It's also a new floor routine she just got in Sept. He had it for about 3 weeks or so before she got injured.

Wow, thats a great meet. Esp considering her injuries and not being able to really practice until the last 2 wks.

Those are great scores even for someone that has NOT been injured!! WTG!! It seems that here in Region 4 the judging seems harder also. I have not seen many 9's around here at all so far this season! Her confidence will come back more and more as the season progresses! Great job!!

I like her floor routine too it suites her personality too so I think she can really sell it. She is supposed to do a front pike in the first forward pass instead of the tuck but she is afraid she will hyper extend her knee again so she is holding off on attempting landing it on the floor for now. She is practicing it into the pit until she gets more confident. At the end too there is suppose to be something other than the tuck but I'm not sure what and she is practicing that into the pit too. I am hoping by the end of the month she will try them again. It's so hard for them when they injure themselves to go for that move they gor injured on.

She did an incredible job, especially when you consider the limited amount of practice leading up to the meet. Her floor routine is beautiful and I'm sure will just be even more stunning as she gets more comfortable with performing it and regains confidence with all of the skills. She really presents the movements well and takes great care to finish everything. I love it!

Great job, congrats to your dd.

If I remember right (I confuse people on here sometimes, sorry), don't I remember that your dd had her giant last year? I thought I remembered a thread where you were talking about 1st yr L7 (at her old gym) she didn't have it, but that last yr at her new gym she had gotten her giant shortly after switching gyms. She did very well, esp when I hear how long she was out. In no time at all, I'm sure she'll have all her skills back and be a force to reckon with.

She had her giant in Feb 09 at old gym and was supposed to compete it but the meet she was suposed to compete got snowed out and she needed that meet to qualify for sectionals. So she didn't go to sectionals or states that season. June of 09 she went to new gym with giant but new gym doesn't have L7 compete with giants so This past season she only practiced it along with other L8 skills. When this year came along she was asking to compete it with giants but they said they wanted her to have her "baby giants" (what ever those are) before they would let her compete them at L7. Ok I think her giants are great but I guess I'm just mom. She is competing in HS with giants and a few other moves she can do but current gym won't let her do until she moves up to L8. Our gym is overly cautious but I'm ok with that.

Congrats to her! Glad the first meet is over and she can work on having fun. Did she qualify for State or does your state do it differently?

she qualified for sectionals. If she had competed at one of the prior meets this meet would have counted for a sectional and she would have qualified for States. The next meet that is a sectional meet isn't until end of march begining of April - oh well.
But that gives her all the upcoming meets to really work on things and not worry about qualifying for sectionals so if she falls its no big deal.

She had her giant in Feb 09 at old gym and was supposed to compete it but the meet she was suposed to compete got snowed out and she needed that meet to qualify for sectionals. So she didn't go to sectionals or states that season. June of 09 she went to new gym with giant but new gym doesn't have L7 compete with giants so This past season she only practiced it along with other L8 skills. When this year came along she was asking to compete it with giants but they said they wanted her to have her "baby giants" (what ever those are) before they would let her compete them at L7. Ok I think her giants are great but I guess I'm just mom. She is competing in HS with giants and a few other moves she can do but current gym won't let her do until she moves up to L8. Our gym is overly cautious but I'm ok with that.

That is so different from this area. Not many girls compete level 7 here without the giant. We usually only see maybe half dozen a meet do the clear hip on both bars instead of clear hip and giant.

Hope that the gym allows your dd to compete her giants soon :). Hope her knee stays 100% and she has a fabulous season. And Good Luck to her at the next meet.

Well, I thought the FHS-FT looked fantastic! She really did a great job. Very hard to believe she's been back such a short time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back