Back from meet. I have a happy little Bean

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
She did fantastic. I was very impressed with her progress since her last meet. And she had a blast. A little too much fun when it came time for her floor routine (very last event)..lol. But she had a ball
First was vault. Poor baby had to stand there for over 2 mins waiting for them to reset things. They had it set up for the L3s. So they had to pull the taller mat out and put the shorter one in. Lukely it was the judge that caught that one and got it fixed before anyone did any vaults.

Second was bars. This is where she really shined. She did a fantastic job. She got her hip circle all the way around and stopped at the top. (last two meets, she didnt get them all the way around and was hanging under the bar for a second or two until she could get herself upright.). So many of the babies tonight were having such a hard hard time on those dang bars.

Third was beam, she did pretty good. She didnt go shooting off the other side this time. :p. Extra step here a bobble there, didnt get her scale all the way up. But not bad at all. She stayed on, and that was her goal for this meet with the beam..lol

Fourth was floor. By this time, she was stir crazy i think. Just a ball full of energy, and it shows..lol. (lived up to her Jumping Bean nick name) They had them start in an odd place in the middle of the floor instead of a corner of it. So she salutes, the proceedes to bounce and skip and jump her way to the middle. She did a decent routine..actually got all her elements, (of course bobbles and wobbles) but didnt roll out of her headstand or go over on her handstand, and got her backwards roll on the first time. Each prior meet she made a error on a "major" skill. Once it was over she skipped and hopped her way back off. I was very shocked she got as good a score as she did on floor. In the video (which i will try to get up saturday sometime) you even here me say "okay"..then kinda laugh..i was shocked.

Vault 9.1-3rd
Bars 9.0-1st
Beam 8.2-2nd
Floor 7.0-4th
AA 34.3-1st

She cracks me up. Her dad called her a super star..and she says yeah...they should just call me Nastia..bahahaha. (Nastia is her girl)

Congrats to Kadee! Awesome scores, lots of medals, she met all of her goals, and you left with a happy camper, what more could you ask for? I love reading your meet reports, your outlook on things never fails to make me smile so thanks for that! :)
And Kadee sounds like a hoot!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back