Parents Back from Scotland

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well was in Scotland for just over a week to visit inlaws. Had a good time. Talitha was able to train 4 hours of gymnastics at a gymnastics school not far from where we were staying. At Lasswade Gymnastics school. And she had great fun. She worked at her front roll on beam, which she hasn't done without a mat on beam yet, but hopefully she will learn that soon. But she did master the cartwheel on a high beam, so am very impressed. I çouldn't make pictures or film, cause it isn't allowed in UK to make footage at training places, but will try to show it in a few weeks time. It was great seeing her have fun and seeing some elite girls train too. We hope to make use of it again next year.

Her own training starts next Thursday again. Going to schoo this Monday.

Hi welcome back!
So you got the brittish expirence
How did you find it?
Im from England and I find it cool!

Oh by the way your english is very
good for living in the netherlands!

Hi Dani,

I go to the UK every Summer. My husband is Scottish and my daughter was born in North Wales. I have been using English daily for the last 12 years or so. That is why English has become so normal for me.

First time though to experience gymnastics in the UK though. My daugther trained a few hours at Lasswade Gymnastics School.

Hi Dani,

I go to the UK every Summer. My husband is Scottish and my daughter was born in North Wales. I have been using English daily for the last 12 years or so. That is why English has become so normal for me.

First time though to experience gymnastics in the UK though. My daugther trained a few hours at Lasswade Gymnastics School.

Yes compared to other countrys
Brittan has a unusual gymn stuff.
Oh and I find its amazing that
people can just switch from one
language to another!
Im learning german and french!
Im very good at it but its hard!

Thanks mgm. We had a great time. Talitha wasn't able to really train with the elite, but they were there training, so she could watch them some too. She was training with what they call the recreational team, but these girls were pretty good too, in my opinion anyway.

Thanks Dani, it is quite interesting to switch in between languages. For me it has become normal. And the kids are learning too. The kids understand everything basically, but their speech isn't that good, but i was actually quite amazed at how my 6 year old son was speaking to family in English, very impressed. Talitha can handle herself too, but is usually around us not bothering speaking English.

Thanks Dani, it is quite interesting to switch in between languages. For me it has become normal. And the kids are learning too. The kids understand everything basically, but their speech isn't that good, but i was actually quite amazed at how my 6 year old son was speaking to family in English, very impressed. Talitha can handle herself too, but is usually around us not bothering speaking English.
But think of it this way when she goes to higher school
and they learn launguages if they have english she
will be ahead and proberly will get a great grade!
A also plus she can take a differnet laungage if
she knows english already! ^_^

Oh yeah, that is definitely going to be a plus for her. I think the first time she will get English at school, is next year, while still in elementary school. And when she goes to highschool she will get different languages anyway too. She will definitely have French and in the 2nd year of highschool German. And I am not sure what she can choose afterwards.

Hi Carina!

Im so glad Talitha had a good time at Lasswade, the girls really enjoyed her being there, she did very well, and she's a great worker, I hope you can come back again next year and train with us!

Rachael :) x

Oh yeah, that is definitely going to be a plus for her. I think the first time she will get English at school, is next year, while still in elementary school. And when she goes to highschool she will get different languages anyway too. She will definitely have French and in the 2nd year of highschool German. And I am not sure what she can choose afterwards.
Lol I feel to stupid I just know english
learning french and german!
But she will know dutch (it is dutch right) English
french and german Wow! lol!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back