WAG Back handspring exercises

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! I've been working on my back handspring for like two years and I still can't do it by myself. Since I am tall and not light like the little girls, I absolutely need the help of one particular coach that is able to lift me. So I really want to know exercises that I can do by myself and that I don't need help to do so that when it comes to actually doing the back handspring with the coach, I at least have the right technique. Give me as much exercises as you can I want a lot of them and that hopefully work different parts of the back handspring! Thank you!

I think a lot of drills you would need to be in a gym, so if you're looking for things to do I would just work on shoulder/back flexibility and conditioning for your legs, arms, shoulders, and core.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Donkey kicks to Handstand. Handstands, pushups, Handstand pushups (partials or off block with hips piked) plpuext4s.jpg

Back bends

Squats and jumping.

Doing them with a barrel/boulder.

Possibly doing them in a pool. Not off the edge but standing in the water roughly shoulder height. It's safe and slow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back