WAG Back Handsprings with Legs Apart

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Whenever I do a back handspring, my feet always seperate, then go back together for the end. I don't know how to fix it. :( I've had by back handspring for years, but I don't know when it started to be a problem. They still are apart in my ROBHS but it's not as noticeable as my standing BHS. Could this be a lack of a certain muscle, and are there any drills that would help me get them together?

Have you tried a foamie (a foam block from the pit) between your ankles and try to keep it there while you BHS? (obviously works as a standing drill, but for RO BHS, but it should carry over)

Reactions: sce
Yes. Even when I focus on nothing but putting me feet together, they seperate. My feet usually feel together or almost together, so I need someone to tell me when they are apart.

Have you done BHS to belly on a 8" or into the sunk resi? The girls have done RO BHS to belly too. But the standing you can but the foamie between your ankles.

your shoulder girth got a bit more dense and you lost a bit of flexibility. work on that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back