back layout full

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Okay so at gym i do roundoff back handspring backlayout half on tumbltrak and on floor, but i cannot seem to get the full, we go to a different gym once a month to train into the pit and can get the full easily there, but when i try on tumbltrak it just doesnt work, i wont spin not matter how hard i pull. Anybody have any advice they would give me and help would be much appreciated : )
I am P3 gymnast (Canada)-- equal to about level 7
Thanks

Hmm... Fulls are a bit confusing sometimes. But usually, you just have to hold onto your twist for longer. Do not try to open up, you will not go farther then a full twist on your first try. Good luck! Please tell me how it goes!

Think about pulling the opposite shoulder from the way you are twisting in the direction you are twisting, also remember to turn your head in the direction you are twisting and then spot for the ground. - this is the technique i use (with my arms at my chest).

Another technique that works good and might be just what you need to get all the way around is after you set drop the arm that is the direction you are twisting to initiate the twist and then drop the second arm and sort of pull them towards the side you are twisting. I think they use this technique in trampoline a lot.

There's two different things you can try, but you will have to check with your coach and see if they have a technique they would prefer you to use.

Trying to set higher may also give you more time to twist when you are on the tumble track vs. the pit

Good luck, keep working at it, you will get it! When i was learning i had the same problem, i could never twist past the 1/2 but even though it seemed like i would never get it, i did after lots of practice so don't give up. Plus, you are almost there if you have it into the pit.

The same thing happened to me Try to put your arms in a different spot say if you put both hands together on your body

Like this

maybe just put them to the side

The way i do a full is i think of it as if i'm doing a half and then keep pulling. On the first few tries you might over rotate and fall to your back but this isn't bad. I know you'll get it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back