Coaches Back to the drawing board for the next cycle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nothing really super important to say here, just saying hi and commemorating the time of year. Can't believe it's almost compulsory season again! My developmental girls moved straight to team so they could get the hours in to be competitive what with the routine changes in place rather than pit stopping at pre team. Had a few competitive camps this year where we banged out the essentials and now final skill grabbing and clean up is the order of the day.

Down to 2 developmental girls, both fantastic. One I've had for awhile but she's too young to move up just yet. She's a cheerleader and wonderfully articulate both with me and her new training buddy. Honestly her friendship and peer level advice are invaluable to anyone new I'll add I'm sure. The other is brand spanking new and still adjusting to things the little ones need to cope with. Mostly splits, bridges, and conditioning. Most of my initial time with the new ones is getting them to change how they view things that hurt and really be joyful about the path they're on. Oh and getting them to take their hands out of their mouths, those wiggly teeth can be so distracting :p She's coming along great though!!

Her mom is seeing glimmers of behavior that is more mature than she's used to which is awesome. Sometimes her little one flashes things that could be construed as disrespect from a parental pov. I had to tell her it's absolutely okay and we're going to channel that into constructive expressions of either hard work or communication. Accepting training with expectations is a brand new thing, we're still in coping strategies and learning how to be coached more than back handsprings at this point! I really truly enjoy all the little nuances of each phase making gymmies. We're here again and life is grand. Good luck to all the coaches and athletes here for the upcoming season!

Also to anybody who went to the USAG training for new routines, I was at Region 3 doing "death drops" on the convention floor as well, we deserve a badge or something for our bruised hips lol!

Also to anybody who went to the USAG training for new routines, I was at Region 3 doing "death drops" on the convention floor as well, we deserve a badge or something for our bruised hips lol!

I'm using it as an excuse to grow more thigh fat. I will need to demonstrate, after all. Actually, my kids will probably do better if I DON'T demonstrate, in this case.

How are you guys hitting your thighs? I was epilating my shin on the slide legs straight, slide back in.

I'm using it as an excuse to grow more thigh fat. I will need to demonstrate, after all. Actually, my kids will probably do better if I DON'T demonstrate, in this case.

LOL That's what I told myself as I went with my kids on a late night ice cream run. I need to have a talk with my body regarding fat storage though as it seems to all want to go to my belly. Which is fine, it just means means more time on the cable machine because I refuse to give up randomness like midnight ice cream in the summertime! I'm with you on the demonstrating thing, but it feels much better on an actual competition floor. My body goes into "Ahh I remember this!" mode and I throw myself into everything without accounting for age or ability. So I'm a big fan of gymnast demonstration for personal safety haha

How are you guys hitting your thighs? I was epilating my shin on the slide legs straight, slide back in.

I wasn't hitting my thighs, I was hitting my right hip with is straight up bone with a skin covering. The thought here is if thighs outgrow hips then padding = WIN! I just went straight for the full motion of standing releve to the floor without really breaking the fall. Maybe slightly at the knee, but pretty much a full collapse.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back