Back Tucks out of Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Delia4

Gymnast
I am having trouble doing back tucks out of tumbling(on tumble trak). I am mainly doing them out of round offs and I tend to kind of whip. I can do a standing back tuck off of the end of the tumble trak onto a mat of the same hight(no drop) with near perfect form, but a little more hight would be good. I think I am just not using enough power on standing back tucks to make one on the floor. But anyways, drills or preferably simple but effective tips to help with my tuck out of tumbling would be appreciated:) Also, I am currently practicing three days a week for 2 1/2 hours each time (level four, and our practice was shortened because our group wasn't using practice time efficiently before I joined..). I usually go to open gym for 2 hours once a week as well, so I should have easy accessibility if people don't hog the equipment lol.

The tumble track is quite a different consistency to the floor. It may just be rebounding you too high, but when you take it to the floor the problem is often corrected. Many coaches have their gymnasts do all of their back tumbling on tumble track out of whips rather than back handsprings for this reason.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back