back tucks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gracefulone

I had a lot of trouble w/back tucks. I had a good set, but I wouldn't rotate. My coach had us work standing back tucks off of mats, and I improved a lot. BTW I have my round-off backhandspring back tuck now.

Congratz on getting ur round-off backhandspring back tuck :D we call a back tuck a tuck back and a back handspring a flic where i come from, so i make all this translation a bit funny. Thank god for google.

Congratz on getting ur round-off backhandspring back tuck :D we call a back tuck a tuck back and a back handspring a flic where i come from, so i make all this translation a bit funny. Thank god for google.

haha that is wierd! I've heard a tuck back.. but never a "flic', where are you from?

In learning a BHS-tuck, I find that a back tuck on trampoline is FAR more useful than a standing back tuck. I have my girls do straight jump, straight jump, back tuck, with their arms never leaving their ears until the tuck (ie no arm swing). This teaches the proper pull with the shoulders, and makes it much easier for the kid to mentally isolate the set from the tuck.

For helping with your rotation of the back tuck try having your coach spot you on a few and only have them push your butt over your head. Also try doing some back 1 and 1/4s (do a buck tuck then an extra quarter of a flip so you land on your back)--this might help you understand roation.

For helping with your rotation of the back tuck try having your coach spot you on a few and only have them push your butt over your head. Also try doing some back 1 and 1/4s (do a buck tuck then an extra quarter of a flip so you land on your back)--this might help you understand roation.

Back 1 1/4's...great rotation drill!:)

In learning a BHS-tuck, I find that a back tuck on trampoline is FAR more useful than a standing back tuck. I have my girls do straight jump, straight jump, back tuck, with their arms never leaving their ears until the tuck (ie no arm swing). This teaches the proper pull with the shoulders, and makes it much easier for the kid to mentally isolate the set from the tuck.

Geoffrey.... thank you for that tip!
I needed a good way to teach the seperation (so to speak) of the set and the tuck! I am going to try it tonight!
I have new level 7s as well as all star cheerleaders so tucks are essential!
Thanks again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back