MAG Back uprise struggles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Madden3

Proud Parent
Poor DS secundus is set to go into second season as a 6 with no back uprise. Rings used to be his best event, this is frustrating him! Any tips or magic? Thanks.

It does take a while for some kids, but everybody did eventually get it!

If it makes you feel any better, I think my DS, currently pointed at L9, STILL cannot hold a back lever. :confused:

DS the younger still stuggled with his last year (his second year L6). It was nice by the end of the season and boy did it make a difference in his scores. However, he's 5 inches taller and only a few pounds heavier this fall, so, I'm not sure if his Back uprise has gone into the closet again until his muscles catch up! (I am in don't ask mode with skills for him this year...."work hard and be patient, the testosterone will come...").

Rings at L6 is commonly a low score in our region at least...

Thank you for the suggestions and support I will mention those ideas to him krc...

My son also had a dramatic growth spurt starting after his 5 season and ending about 6 months ago, it was a bit of a shock as he was only 9 (he is 10 now, but will compete as 11.) Anyway, was not expecting a big spurt at that age, and I do think it caused some issues especially on rings but all over as well. He had a really nice back lever as a 5 and has been struggling to get that back in shape since.

Everyone knows kips and circles on mushroom take forever for some kids, and we have lived through that. I am used to the feeling of "my kid is never going to get this skill" and then, whammo, one day they get it and the struggle is forgotten. With this one it has been two years of "coach says I almost have it." I know it frustrates him and I admit it, me too! Luckily he has a great attitude and usually keeps these things in perspective.

Hope he gets it soon...
My son struggles with circles. He can barely do 1.
He has all his level 5 bonus skills except the kip, but he still can't do mushroom!

Thank you for the suggestion dunno. I mentioned it to my son and found out that muscle ups are something he used to be able to do but now cannot, possibly due to the big growth spurt? Anyway he understood that suggestion and will work on it.

Yay!

It is funny I was watching practice the other day and could have sworn my son made it, but he told me later he did not, the coach helped. I swear that coach must have Jedi powers because I never say him move.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back