Back Walkovers on high beam-- My biggest fear!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjaiderz1106

SO... About 1 year ago, I started back walkovers on beam, at home.. I had them just wonderful on my high beam! I wasn't scared at all! NOW>> A year later Im working them at gym, and there is a HUGE mental block on me! I have never missed my hands, never had a nasty fall on them but the high beam just scares me so bad!

I can stick 10 on low beam
10 on medium beam
10 on high beam with 3 mats
10 on high beam with 2 mats
Then....Once its down to that last mat, I go for it..and my body just STOPS!

Its SOO frustrating! I want the skill so bad, and I want the next level SO bad! My my mind says, "You can do it." My heart knows it... and body says, "NO WAY!"

Does anyone know good tricks? For the skill?? Like: Watching hands? Watching your foot... What helps you?? And please some good luck! :beam:

I had this fear when i was learning them, and once i got myself to do it, im still afraid of them, my heart races but the thing is the only way ill go is if i count to 3 in my head and go on my 3rd count (i tap my foot to...but dont do that bad habbit to get into...and possiblly a deduction...my coach hates that i do it) it helps a lot and im the same way ive never missed my hands (which is the only thing that im afraid of when doing them) you will get it eventually and youll look back and laugh and say "why was i ever afraid of that!" haha just keep a positive attitude throughout it. youll get it...especially if you want it bad enough! GOOD LUCK!!!!

This isnt a hint or anything but my daughter struggled all last year with her cartwheel. This year she aces her back walk over and when I ask why she can do it and not the cartwheel... she tells me I just tell myself if I dont do it I will have to do a cartwheel lol . I told her whatever works go for it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back