Parents Backbend Kickover Consistency

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I recently got my backhand kickover, but it’s not very consistent. Out of five times i could probably do it around 3, should i use ankle weights or are there any other tips to help?
Thanks in advance!

I recently got my backhand kickover, but it’s not very consistent. Out of five times i could probably do it around 3, should i use ankle weights or are there any other tips to help?
Thanks in advance!
How old are you Jasmine?

If you are talking about a backbend kickover - here are some strategies

1) use a wedge mat and do the skill going down it
2) make sure your chest is over your hands in the backbend. Physics makes it easier to get your hips up and over your hands in the kick over
3) core strength will always help - hollow rocks, v-ups, leg lifts, etc.
4) use a wall and walk down the wall to a back bend - try to get your chest to the wall
5) repetition helps to a point. too many are not good for your back (or anyone's back)

If you are talking about a backbend kickover - here are some strategies

1) use a wedge mat and do the skill going down it
2) make sure your chest is over your hands in the backbend. Physics makes it easier to get your hips up and over your hands in the kick over
3) core strength will always help - hollow rocks, v-ups, leg lifts, etc.
4) use a wall and walk down the wall to a back bend - try to get your chest to the wall
5) repetition helps to a point. too many are not good for your back (or anyone's back)
I just wanted to add that when going down a wedge mat, I do not recommend doing both the backbend and the kickover for safety reasons. I recommend just doing a bridge up kickover with the wedge.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back