WAG Backward element - beam - NZ step 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all, I have a 14 year old and she is really struggling to be able to do a backwards walk over. What are the alternative options for the backward element for step 7 in NZ on the beam?

She can do a tick tock but we are not sure if that is counted as a backwards element.

My daughter is not that far yet, but I found this in the NZ WAG manual:

Tic Toc (4.108) is considered a forward element.

Here is a link to the manual: https://www.gymnasticsnz.com/gymsports-member-resources/wag-national-programme-manual/

It does not mention what does count as a backward element, but it does say that the manual should be used together with the FIG code of points. I assume that has all of the details on the different elements, but I haven't looked at that document yet. Someone else on here will probably be able to confirm that

Backward elements under the FIG definition around that level would be:
Backward walkover
Flic flac
Back Salto
What is her flight skill?

Not familiar with NZ levels, but a tic toc is not usually considered a backwards element.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I finally found (after several attempts) that it was classed as a forward move.

She is away for the weekend, so I'll have to speak to her Monday to know what her flight element is and what else she has tried on the beam.

I'm not familiar with NZ but I'm wondering if maybe a valdez would fit this requirement?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back