Bands around waists?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have always seen kids in pictures, videos etc. wearing stretchy elastic bands around their waist and just above their hips. I've seen it worn a lot on beam and bars. What are these? I can never figure it out and it doesn't look like it would help a lot.

It's supposed to be a form reminder to tuck the stomach under (pull in towards the back), but...I'm not sold on them. I would guess it doesn't hurt.

Dancers wear them so they know where their waist is, arms often have to come to waist height.

I think we had the girls wear them to tell if they are pulling their pelvis under so the band faces forward and not down to the floor diagonally ( with the butt out in an lordotic arch ).

I use them in our gym. Its just elastic that reminds them to pull in and to aid in showing if hips are square.. Its also a good visual aid to remind the lower levels to kick above the waist

I always wondered the same thing because I had seen them but I didn't get what they were for because we do not use them in our gym. Thanks for posting that eeyoretumbles! and to everyone who answered!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back