Parents Bar fairy last seen in WI.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
The bar fairy paid a visit to Bug today at the gym. She did her kip not once, but twice today. She is the 3rd level 4 to have done a kip. The timing could have not been more perfect as today was the last day of summer practice, and at the beginning of summer she got all of her level 4 skills and her coach said that she thought that she would get her kip before the summer ended.
All of the girls in the gym stopped what they were doing and came over to give hugs and congrats. The coach even sent face book meaages to the "big girls" that left for college.

Here when she ended level 3 and the plan was to compete level 4 starting in Dec and level 5 fall of 2009, I was actually thinking that she would need a second season of level 4, boy was I wrong. She has now done a kip twice, still will not say that she "Has it", but has done it, can do her cartwheel on the high beam, back extendion roll and round off 2 backhandsprings on the floor. Hold ups are still squat on jump to high bar, front hand spring, and vault over the table, but she stll has over a year until she competes level 5.

We have been at our current gym one year in Sept, and I cannot believe the progress that she has made. I think that she would be lucky to be on preteam at the old gym.

Barb
Bug's mom:bars:

Barb,

That is just wonderful, I sure Bug is so proud of herself that kip is a huge skill to get.

The other stuff will come in time. When does your meet season start?

This year we are for going the typical fall compulsory season and start in Dec until March with all level invitational meets. It is being done this year so that all levels will be solid and having a good head start on up training. It seems to be working quite well.

Barb

Thanks to all for the well wishes. I just have to say that I found the greatest smile and I just have to use it.

Mom to Bug,
adopted 9-27-01 from Kazakhstan :kazakhstan:, and now living in :wisconsin: WI.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back