Parents Bar shorts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Im looking to buy my LO some bar shorts on ebay since the gyms prices are outrageous for new ones, but I am unsure of the sizing and "life span" of them. I looked on gks website but they dont seem to have a clear sizing section for shorts :confused: I think she is a child small, like she is in leotards, but I dont want something that is too small on her, or will give her more problems on top of her leotard. Do the shorts run true to size? Can she "grow into them" for a few sizes, from 3t to 6x because they are stretchy material? Or will we need to get a new pair sooner than that? Thanks for all your help! :)

My DD generally wears the same size GK leo as she does the bar shorts. The bar shorts tend to last a little bit longer, as she has a long torso and has needed to move up a size in leo before she needs a new size in shorts. How much is your gym charging for them? Our gym is the cheapest place I can find them - $16.

The shorts at her gym are 28 dollars. I figured if I could get a gently used pair off ebay for 10-13 bucks, it would be better than spending 28 dollars :indifferent: Thank you for the links to the childrens place and to gym critter! I will check both those out :)

Oh, awesome! Ive been reading some threads and saw her ad/banner floating around. I didnt know if it was just a popup or something. Is she a poster here (like a work at home mom?) or just a paid sponsor like gk/ten.0 and other brands? I checked her out on facebook this morning and liked her strap style leos :) I think I will be ordering from her soon!

My daughter has worn the Under Armour or Nike shorts ...not sure if they have the "bar shorts" name but they seem to do the trick..around 20 bucks and last for years...

I would recommend these which are sold at Target for about $10, and they should be tight enough, they will stretch...the longer length keeps them from getting twisted and riding up (big problem with the shorter shorts) AND it covers better for certain skills with splits/straddle on bars and beam (don't know if she is near that level yet).

C9 by Champion® Girls' Compression Short : Target

Thanks for all the links, I need one of those too. :)
At one of our recent meets they were giving those shorts as a goody bag gift. The ones that we got were so small, DD could barely fit into them. And it's not like she really needs them, but now all the other girls on her team are wearing the shorts at practices, and we don't have one, so of course DD was bugging me to buy one that they sell at the gym. But you know the prices there.

I bought this brand from amazon and they have held up well.
Amazon.com: TumbleWear Girl's Gymstar Shorts | Black Velvet-Child: 3XS/5-6: Clothing

I also found some for $13 at a local dance supply store and those are working well too. I think they are Danskin.

Both types are taking some serious abuse with washing / drying each week. DD is learning to climb the rope in pike so they are more of a rope chafe protection short. Despite this, you can't see any evidence of wear there (even though her legs were getting pretty beat up before she started wearing them).

My daughter has really long legs but her torso has not grown much in over 3 years. She has GK shorts she has worn since she first started gymnastics and they are still in great shape. We have a couple colors that she mixed and matches with different leos. As they get older it seems they feel better with shorts on. My daughter is very slender and can wear a CS or CM in the shorts but wears a CM or CL in leotards....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back