Parents Bars fairy swung by...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
My DD finally got her shoot thru last night...10 times in a row!:D
She's been struggling learning the L4 skills and I'm so proud of her. She has the evil mill circle so now all that is left is FHC.

(and the even more evil RO BHS:p...see other post

WTG!!:applause: That skill can be so frustrating! Keep up the good work!

That skill is a hard one for lots of girls. Congrats to her! Hopefully the mill circle and front hip won't be too far behind.

Wow that is great!! :D The shoot thru is difficult for many girls. Our team is still very inconsistent with it. Just yesterday dd was doing her shoot on her own as well. I thought it looked beautiful! It was nice and high and her bottom legs doesn't even touch the bar.:p Coach used her as an example as to how keep your shoulders forward. She was so happy! I am sure your dd was thrilled to finally conquer another skill. Dd last night was also doing some very ugly FHS but hey I'll take them, right? Is your dd competing in the fall? If so, they still have so much time. Now we need the beam and vault fairy. DD has mental blocks with leaps and jumps(they are very wimpy). And her vault is slow and pikey!!! Well good luck to your dd acquiring all those evil L4 skills. :p

Is your dd competing in the fall? If so, they still have so much time. Now we need the beam and vault fairy. DD has mental blocks with leaps and jumps(they are very wimpy). And her vault is slow and pikey!!! Well good luck to your dd acquiring all those evil L4 skills. :p

Starmaker, she's competing at one meet (her FIRST) this spring in Feb, and if she somehow gets her qualifying score, which is a 28, she will go to states in March. Then she will compete again next fall/spring as a level 4 again. So, we would love to get the RO BHS and front hip before the first meet...but we'll see. She only just started L4 in December. I am so proud of her though for doing the shoot thru. Like you said, it looked really pretty...no leg or foot touching at all! So cool!:D

My dd is doing pretty ok on beam and vault so I will send those fairies along your dd's way. I am keeping the floor and bars fairies though, at least until the meet!;)

My dd is doing pretty ok on beam and vault so I will send those fairies along your dd's way. I am keeping the floor and bars fairies though, at least until the meet!;)

That might actually work.! Liv is good to go on floor and to my surprise on bars too. Hey we put them together and we may just have a great L4 gymmie-:p

Wow her first meet is just around the corner... before you know it's time! You'll notice yourself getting more and more anxious the closer the date gets. Good luck to your dd. I will be sending good luck fairies, bars, and floor fairies your way. Let us know how she does and remember most important thing is that she has FUN!

Liv has to wait till the fall to compete L4 because her 6th b-day is in April (after states). Her teamates compete for fun and dd gets upset she can't compete. Our real season starts in the fall though.

WooHoo:D! That is great! That was a hard one for my daughter, too. Hopefully that FHC is right behind it! She is doing really good for only starting level 4 in December. My dd got the FHC no problem, but worked on the mill circle for probably three months:(!

Good luck at her meet in February!

My daughter was having biggie problems with that FHC, too, until her now coach told her to kiss her knees. That's all she had to tell her and she got it the very next try and had it ever since! I think the visual was all it took for it to click with Pixie.

Congrats on the shoot thru!! Yeah!! whoop whoop!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back