WAG Beam Choreography

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
My coaches and I have started creating my beam routine! However, I'm supossed to come up with different poses. How do you figure out what poses you do, where do you find "inspiration", if you will. Thank you!

A lot of gymnasts, even at the Elite level, take inspiration from their floor routines. If you watch you can see a lot of the poses or body movements from simple arm choreo make it into their beam routines.

You could also just watch a ton of beam routines and pick out some things that you like or could modify to fit your style :)

My DD also uses pieces from her floor routine. After watching the P&G champs she added a pose Aly did on the beam :) They also have a big stack of "pose cards" at the gym.

In addition to floor choreo, I was told at one time to spell your name with poses. So if your name is Susie, do something that resembles an "s" then a "u" and so on. Obviously don't make it "YMCA" dance obvious, but you can use it for some inspiration.

image.png

When I was at my old gym I used to put my floor routine poses into my beam routine. We also did the name thing....
I can also always show you a few poses, although the other girl in xcel has some of my poses, so you would have to work that out. Also watch some videos online!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back