beam dismounts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymer monkey10

okay this year i need a beam dismount. my coach wants me to do a bhs backflip but then my seires is bwo bhs so i would get a bad score any ideas on dismounts besids a roundoff? but i need a second year level 7 dismount! thanks:)

I've seen a lot of level 7's run the length of the beam and do a front pike for a dismount. I've also seen gainers off the side of the beam which are very pretty in a pikes position. Good luck!

I'm a level 7 and I do a front pike but my coach also mentioned doing a roundoff like off the beam and twisting. Like put your hands on the end of the beam and as your falling to the floor, twist.

I'm a level 7 and I do a front pike but my coach also mentioned doing a roundoff like off the beam and twisting. Like put your hands on the end of the beam and as your falling to the floor, twist.

If you are competing USAG, that roundoff-twisting dismount wouldn't satisfy the special requirement of a "salto or aerial dismount" and your start value would be -.5.

Cartwheel into back tuck? Not sure how much that's worth. Why would you get a bad score for BWO-BHS and BHS-BT? Is there a rule about not using a BHS twice? Why would your coach suggest it if it will give you a bad score?

okay this year i need a beam dismount. my coach wants me to do a bhs backflip but then my seires is bwo bhs so i would get a bad score any ideas on dismounts besids a roundoff? but i need a second year level 7 dismount! thanks:)

Why don't you do what your coach tells you?:confused: That sounds like a progressive dismount which could work well in Level 8 and 9.

I believe you can do a bhs bt dismount and the bwo bhs series--it wouldn't be too many bhs. If you have a strong bhs it can be a progressive dismount series. Roundoff dismount is the typical dismount progression, but you could also progress with bhs if it is strong. You could also do a tucked gainer off the end (at least I think you can do it at level 7)--it can also be a progressive dismount and it's not as scary as the roundoff.

My daughter did a cartwheel-bt as her L7 dismount as did most of her team. She's practicing the RO-BT for L8. One girl on the team did front tuck off because she was not connecting the cartwheel-BT and getting deducted.

my coach just told me to do seires bt so thanks for all the ideas:D

Haha that's my dismount right now! I think there fun to do and there cool to watch too! One of my teammates does a front gainer.... just an idea!

I meant that my dismount is a piked back gainer off the side of the beam.

sweet thats an awesome one my friend did that but our coach wont let us do it any more but thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back