WAG Beam excel gold

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I need tips on my full turn on beam. I am having a mental block after turning fine for weeks and I can’t remember how I have been doing it. I don’t like it anymore cuz now I feel like my toes are off the edge of beam and I’m gonna split so I bail. And anlso for excel gold I know there is a jump requirement where one has to be a split. My split jump sucks even though that is the common thing at my new gym. Old gym always had me do leaps so those are very pretty now that I am not scared and actually leap lol. i Am doing straight jump or beat jump I think that’s what it is called. Say I’m doing beat jump. Do I have to make a connection between my jump and my leap and can I do them separately in different parts of my routine like I want to do this or someth8ng super similar. Mount, pose, beat jump, dance, cartwheel, handstand, leap, turn, dismount.

Xcel Gold Beam Requirements 2022-2026.jpg

A split leap and a separate jump are acceptable too.
Full turn - go back to progressions. Remember to keep your chest up and pull up tall at the end.

Some of my girls do a side start full turn. One of them saw it at a meet and they wanted to try it. I was surprised how well it worked for a few of them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back