Parents Beam Fairy In MD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD FINALLY Got her L4 Beam dissmount. I am just jumping up and down. Beam is her enmy. I swear. She has shed so many tears over that handstand and dismount it isn't even funny.

Well our HC was in a meeting with the parents and other coaches were working with them. I go in and I see they are on beam and I joking asked how many tears we had tonight. Well all of a sudden the coach was standing beside her and not touching her and OMG she did the dissmount. Her coach was walking out and I had to interrupt her and she came back to watch. Of course that is when she scrapped her leg down the beam and got a nice beam burn but my brave little trouper got back up and would not give up she did it till she was on her own again. She was so excited even the gym owner told her she heard a rumor that DD got her dissmount tonight. I am just bursting with pride that she got over this.

Congrats to the little gymmie! My DD had struggled with that dismount too- took her a long time to get it. Now, it is with ease. You must be a proud mama!:)

Emily struggled with that dismount in her first year of level 4 for a long long time.
Congrats to your daughter on getting her dismount. It is a toughie for sure.

Yippee! Give her a big hug and a sloppy kiss for that one!

That's a big accomplishment!! Good for her for deciding to go for it no matter what. I've been scorer on beam during some L4 sessions and that dismount seems to be a make or break skill. She's on her way!!!

That was a big challenge for my DD as well. Congrats to your little gymmie! I know how much they cherish those skills they struggled with. :D And ouch, my DD has hurt her leg like that doing the dismount as well. Ouch. They are tough little girls.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone. DD was so proud of her self. She woke up the next morning climbing in bed saying the "Little girl that got her beam dismount is here" and started to snuggle with us. That was one of her fears taken care of. I am so happy she got it. She has an entire year before she can compete but I am just happy she is staying with her peers. Thanks for all your support. Now wish us luck on the next skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back