Parents Beam Queen Bootcamp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has anyone been to this bootcamp?
I inquired when I first heard about it but the instructor that got back with me from BQBC said you had to be doing competitive gymnastics.
It is pretty pricey.
I am not sure if it’s worth looking more into since she just was accepted to Team and won’t compete until next season since everything is ending in May.
Beam is her strong event though. Our new gym was impressed with her strength/skills they bagan teaching her back walk overs on beam her first day of practice/training.

My daughter is going. It’s a short camp so we’re treating as a fun thing rather than going in with the expectation that she’s going to improve a bunch.

My daughter is going. It’s a short camp so we’re treating as a fun thing rather than going in with the expectation that she’s going to improve a bunch.
Thats it a great outlook! Via posts the camp does look like they have a a ton of fun.

There was a recent thread about this camp:

My DD is going to be working some of the camps this summer! She is so excited. Beam is such a mental event that any advantage I think is a good one!

My daughter has done it and she liked it! Beam is by far her best event, but she still benefitted from it, I think, and she had a great time.

Would it be more effective if she has already done a competition or would this help to get ahead of the ball so to speak?

I'd view it as a fun way to do some extra gymnastics and nothing more. If the point is to maximize next season's competition, I think spending the money on private lessons would probably be more effective.
Thanks! True. End of the day as long as she is having fun and happy then that’s all that matters.

I would probably check with her team coaches to get their opinion / buy in.

Will she need to miss her regular team training? Or will this be extra?
If she just started team did her hours increase? If so (and the camp would be extra hours for her), how do you think she will handle extra hours during the camp?

I know a few extra hours for one week may not feel like a lot — but when they are just starting — no reason to do something that might feel like too much (then it feels way less fun).

My Dd has done bqbc the past 3 years. She has a blast and comes away with knowledge of how beam is judged, usually improvement on skills if not mastering one she's been working on, and a growth mindset attitude. It's well run and fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back