WAG Beam routine?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
I have a meet April 1st. I'm a sr 9 (if you've seen my other posts you know that it's basically levels 6-10, you can have any skills) and so rn i'm doing basics ig? I have a bhs bwo for my series, full turn, switch wolf split jump, split leap, wolf jump, and step front layout dismount. But i've been working my aerial on the beam with my coach and wondering if it's time to do it by myself? She said I'm safe. We have to have one C, 4Bs. Bonus also (CC {.2}, BC {.1} D {.1} E {pretty sure is .2}). My routine is already pretty set and scoring well at high 8s or low 9s (that is GREAT for aga considering my level, I am also placing high) Im not sure if I should put the aerial in because it WILL affect my score. I've never attempted on highbeam. Btw aerial is a C in aga because I think it's a D in usag?

Don't compete a skill if you've never tried it on high beam. Before you do a skill in competition, you should be able to land it cleanly 90% of the time in practice - on the high beam and in your routine (not by itself). You need to be able to do that so you have the confidence and the technical ability necessary to land it in a meet, where the equipment is different, where you may have nerves, where you don't have very much warm-up time. If you can make 5 routines in a row on high beam every practice with no falls, no missed connections, or no major errors, that's a good sign you're ready to compete.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back