Beam Splittn

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Sk8erGirl

:beam:I constantly split the beam...I dont know Y,but I am really bruised up...my coach even said that I would b the 1st female gymnast 2 ever have to wear a cup.
Is it because of my wieght?
Is it because of my balance sometimes not being @ its best/
WHY??????????
I normally split the beam on leaps I am not sure why ... even when I have really good tecnique(forgive me 4 my my spelling)and go high I still do it.
I split @least 1 or 2 times a month if not more.
If u have any comments or answers please list I really need help with this...I am really hurtn!!!!!!!:beam:

What's your foot position when you land your leaps? Landing leaps pigeon-toed is a REALLY common reason for repeatedly splitting the beam. You might also be dropping your shoulder or hip on the take-off or right before you land.. too hard to say without a video.

yea if u are landing with ur foot postition that cud b the problem. other than that idk y u wud b spliting the beam. hope i helped!! :)

Are your hips square?

If they aren't that makes getting your foot where you want it more difficult.

If you're forgetting to be tight because you're focusing on the leap, your hips or shoulders could be out of line with the beam. I would work littler leaps until you get more confident and square. Ask your coach, too, why you're splitting. Making fun of you without corrections does nothing. D:<

Oh, the irony-- just split the beam on a switch leap switch leap today. Ha. Guess that's what happens when you start dropping a shoulder!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back