Parents Been a very long time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
It’s been a very, very long time since I posted here! My daughter is a senior in college now- about to graduate in May. She is an naigc gymnast. She just finished at nationals, so that is the period at the end of her time on her college’s club team. She has had a blast doing gymnastics at school, and is graduating as her school captain. She qualified to finals in the all-around and two events at nationals, and subsequently medaled in all three as well. Next year she’ll be heading to Oxford for grad school, and will continue gymnastics there- she even went to visit on spring break and competed with the Oxford team while she was visiting. So, no plans to stop gym yet, just plans to move on to another phase.

If there are any old-timers around, catch me up on your kiddos too!

It’s been a very, very long time since I posted here! My daughter is a senior in college now- about to graduate in May. She is an naigc gymnast. She just finished at nationals, so that is the period at the end of her time on her college’s club team. She has had a blast doing gymnastics at school, and is graduating as her school captain. She qualified to finals in the all-around and two events at nationals, and subsequently medaled in all three as well. Next year she’ll be heading to Oxford for grad school, and will continue gymnastics there- she even went to visit on spring break and competed with the Oxford team while she was visiting. So, no plans to stop gym yet, just plans to move on to another phase.

Love your update! I definitely remember you, although I can't believe it's been that many years?!? Sounds like she is doing great and that's so impressive that she will be attending Oxford and continuing the sport there. Congratulations to her!

I don't think I was particularly memorable or noteworthy so doubt you'd remember me, but I have been here almost 9 years (wow to that too!). My daughter is now a second year level 10 and a freshman in high school. It's not been the easiest last couple of years for her (injury, struggles, etc). I'm not sure what the future will bring for her, but she is still enjoying herself for now anyway. :)

Love your update! I definitely remember you, although I can't believe it's been that many years?!? Sounds like she is doing great and that's so impressive that she will be attending Oxford and continuing the sport there. Congratulations to her!

I don't think I was particularly memorable or noteworthy so doubt you'd remember me, but I have been here almost 9 years (wow to that too!). My daughter is now a second year level 10 and a freshman in high school. It's not been the easiest last couple of years for her (injury, struggles, etc). I'm not sure what the future will bring for her, but she is still enjoying herself for now anyway. :)
I remember you! Second year 10 as a freshman is so impressive! I hope that she accomplishes everything she sets out to!

Welcome back! It is great to see how well your daughter is doing! Can't wait to see what she does next! This is such an exciting time for her.

My son is just loving life as a college gymnast. He is having fun, has been competing, although he is injured right now :( but he is definitely loving the college life!

Welcome back! It is great to see how well your daughter is doing! Can't wait to see what she does next! This is such an exciting time for her.

My son is just loving life as a college gymnast. He is having fun, has been competing, although he is injured right now :( but he is definitely loving the college life!
I’m sorry he’s dealing with an injury. They seem inescapable. My younger daughter is dealing with some hip issues at the moment. I’m glad he’s enjoying college though!

I’m sorry he’s dealing with an injury. They seem inescapable. My younger daughter is dealing with some hip issues at the moment. I’m glad he’s enjoying college though!
Yeah. the injuries suck. He was dx 2 days before Big 10s :( Not sure if he will be back for NCs or not :(

Congrats to your daughter.

Mine will be a HS senior next year. L8/9. Section champ in HS, various events. Looking forward to doing club gymnastics in college.

Hard year in club gym this year, lots of upgrades but lost a lot on bars as the bar coach left. Gym is not the same gym we loved, regarding coaches and hours. She was hanging in to be with her friends. The last 2 left and she just said, nope not going. Not even a few weeks for states.

So she is enjoying varsity lacrosse this spring. And as gyms wrap up their seasons we will be looking for a new club. We have a few in mind. She wants her senior year with USAG and some friends. And to stay competitive for HS. But amandant no high hours, we’ll see.

Well this makes me feel old....my oldest got married over the summer and is strictly a spectator to the sport...we are actually texting back and forth right now during NCAA regionals...and my youngest is in grad school...a less intense spectator as well. Congrats to your daughter!
Wow, congrats! I can’t imagine either of my girls married so I know that must be an adjustment as a parent.

I am so happy for your daughter, huge accomplishments in her life, I am proud of her and she is not even mine. Dani is still plugging away. Second-year level ten in tenth grade. Had a rough season getting through Schmorl's Nodes, core strength is a must in this sport. Working on a new beam series.

Am I an old timer? LOL. DD will be a senior next year. She just got her 5 year pin in acro. She's done Xcel and JO artistic, T&T and now acro. She loves acro and will be doing acrobatics and tumbling in college. She's in a Level 9 mixed pair this year and doing well. She will likely end up in college somewhere in the south depending on which school comes through with the best offer - she has two that she really likes.

My oldest just finished her freshman year in college and was on the team (D3). She's training this summer with her baby sister, but our gym really doesn't feel the same and has struggled with the midlevels not receiving consistent or competent coaching, it makes me sad. I wish we had safe options for alternatives or a head coach who was still actually involved in the gym. My littlest competed 7 last year and will repeat; she is a rising 6th grader. My boys are still competing TnT, one is a rising 9th and one a rising 12th grader.

It’s been awhile for me as well. DD just finished up her first year of level 8 and is working towards level 9 going into her eighth grade year. Where does the time go?

Hey, hey everyone! Thought I’d drop in to say hello and congrats to some old friends! We have all been here sooooo long. I really do feel old. Josc starts her senior year of HS as well. She’s headed to Arkansas after that. The last year has been a huge whirlwind for Josc. We moved to Houston Sept ‘22 and it’s been pretty awesome for her gymnastics ever since. She’s competed on four continents in the last four months!! She’s loving it! It’s so good to hear from all of you guys!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back