WAG Being in two different clubs for different disciplines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
I'm thinking about taking up rhythmic gymnastics. Only problem is that my artistic club doesn't offer rhythmic. The rhythmic club does offer artistic, but I love my club so I don't want to leave. Do you think both clubs would be OK if I took class, for different things, at both?

It seems that both should be ok with it since there really isn’t much overlap. My DD did that for a year- one gym for rhythmic and t&t and a second gym for artistic. She had a great year.

Reactions: sce
That sounds like a lot of fun! I’d check first. It really shouldn’t be a problem, but it might depend on the relationship between the two clubs. Some of the coaches/owners can be so petty. If you are just taking classes at one, that might be an easier sell than competing for both.

There was a girl at DD's club that did this. She competes level 10 in WAG at her club and competes DMT for another club. She's even competed internationally in DMT.

I think it's worth asking and likely going to be fine as long as the schedules don't conflict too much. I had a gymnast in our artistic pre-team who competed acro with another club. No hard feelings, we don't offer acro.

I think it's worth asking and likely going to be fine as long as the schedules don't conflict too much. I had a gymnast in our artistic pre-team who competed acro with another club. No hard feelings, we don't offer acro.
Definitely worth asking. I expected the situation you described, unfortunately our personal experience was not that simple :/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back