Parents Bent arm kip help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kartrava

Proud Parent
Hi everyone, first time posting. Hoping to get some help.

So dd has her kip since summer-ish I would say but she has a bent arm push-up kip and her coach has not told her how to correct this.

Is it just a matter of time and a bazillion kips or does she need to get her toes to her bars faster and pull up her pants faster or slower so the bar only goes to her hip? I'm not sure what's happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it just a matter of time and a bazillion kips

Not necessarily... that usually helps though. If you have a video... then we could really help you out.

Here's a video of her:

Thanks!

How strong is your daughter? I'm not a coach, but I see a lot of bent arms all through that video. Your position is poor to assess form, but her body looks very loose. Working on that will make the kip improve just by happenstance.

Nice... she is really working the bars!

The only thing I would say is to just jump off a block sometimes so it's easier to work on the straight arms. Basically... work it out of a bigger swing. Working it both out of a big swing and a little swing is very beneficial.

Make sure she understands that it is OK to not make the kip if she is working it with straight arms... many times this is part of the issue. In a routine... push it through with the bent arms... in training... do some each day only focusing on the straight arms.

Looks like the coaches are doing a great job!

Nice... she is really working the bars!

The only thing I would say is to just jump off a block sometimes so it's easier to work on the straight arms. Basically... work it out of a bigger swing. Working it both out of a big swing and a little swing is very beneficial.

Make sure she understands that it is OK to not make the kip if she is working it with straight arms... many times this is part of the issue. In a routine... push it through with the bent arms... in training... do some each day only focusing on the straight arms.

Looks like the coaches are doing a great job!
Ok thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back