Bent-legged Flicks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

PhoenixFlex

One of the biggest problems I'm having at the moment is that whenever I do a flick, my legs always bend, before straightening again once I'm inverted. This happens when I'm doing it standing, from a roundoff, both on the fast track and with no spring at all. Here’s what I mean:

Fast track:
YouTube - Flick Fast Track.3G2

Ground/floor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1rmitoqrco

What is it that is making my legs do this, and how can I fix it? I keep telling myself 'Push hard with your legs straight', but it always happens the same way. As a result, I can never get any speed from it. Any help much appreciated!

All the best,
PhoenixFlex

On both of these videos, I don't see any back handsprings. I think they are cut short somehow.

In answer to your question, especially for your ROBHS, do lots of RO rebounds making sure to keep your legs straight, and snap-down drills with a straight-legged rebound. Lots of people don't realize a running BHS and a standing BHS are initiated differently. Running BHS's, like a ROBHS, starts with a rebound, not a jump.

As to getting your legs straight on a standing BHS, if you have it, do BHS's on a pac-man mat, concentrating not so much on making it over, but just on getting your legs straight immediately after they leave the floor.

Pac-man mat:
Back Handspring Trainer Made of Sponge Material, Available in Various Widths from China

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back