Parents Best grips for small hands level 9

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! I need some help. My daughter has been using the 00 usglove doible buckle grips since level 4/5. Her coach mentioned today there are better grips for higher levels and she shouldn’t use those above level 6.

Anyone have suggestions?? Thanks so much in advance!!

Daughter been using USGlove since level 8 and she loves them
Ok, thank you! My daughter is 12 and uses the 00 hot shot double buckle, is that what your daughter uses? She used them in level 5,7, and 8 and they worked great! Just didn’t know if there were other “better” options now that’s she is doing paks and jaegers etc….I appreciate the response!

Ok, thank you! My daughter is 12 and uses the 00 hot shot double buckle, is that what your daughter uses? She used them in level 5,7, and 8 and they worked great! Just didn’t know if there were other “better” options now that’s she is doing paks and jaegers etc….I appreciate the response!
My dauhhter is a 13 year old jr elite and wears a 00 double buckle and she said she loves them l, but everyone is different

My dauhhter is a 13 year old jr elite and wears a 00 double buckle and she said she loves them l, but everyone is different
Oh snap! She must be awesome! My daughter is doing level 9 and I can’t believe the crazy stuff she’s doing! I miss the level 2 days lol.

I just ordered more pairs of the usglove…. They really roll through the grips in the upper levels. Thanks again for your help:)

How much does your daughter weigh? That is the other big thing to consider. My daughter wore US Glove Hot Shots through her first couple years of Level 10. She was small when she first entered Level 10 in 6th grade though.

As she grew and got heavier... she transitioned to the US Glove RKO grips. The RKO grips have a straight cut vs. the narrow cut of the Hot Shots. Basically the RKOs are wider and cover more of the hand.

Just didn’t know if there were other “better” options now that’s she is doing paks and jaegers etc….I appreciate the response!

My daughter did both of these skills with Hot Shot grips.

Don't forget to check out our grip guide...

How much does your daughter weigh? That is the other big thing to consider. My daughter wore US Glove Hot Shots through her first couple years of Level 10. She was small when she first entered Level 10 in 6th grade though.

As she grew and got heavier... she transitioned to the US Glove RKO grips. The RKO grips have a straight cut vs. the narrow cut of the Hot Shots. Basically the RKOs are wider and cover more of the hand.

Just didn’t know if there were other “better” options now that’s she is doing paks and jaegers etc….I appreciate the response!

Check out our article on grips at the following link...

Don't forget to check out our grip guide...

Check out our article on grips at the following link...

Hi! My daughter is about 4’9” maybe and weighs 80 pounds… she’s 12.. she’s pretty tiny but definitely muscular. Thank you for the article!! Maybe the RKO may be a better option…

I know I've stated this before... but US Glove Hot Shot grips definitely work well for small gymnasts doing very advanced skills. As they grow near or over 100 lbs... then it's probably time to switch as the grips will stretch much faster and even break.

I know my daughter definitely used them for both Levels 9 and 10 as she didn't even wear grips in Level 8.

Regardless of the grips you are using... make sure a knowledgable coach is inspecting them on a regular basis to make sure they are not worn out or overstretched.

My dd moved to Reisport double buckle around L7 (~11 yrs old) and used them through L10 and college.

Grips are very individual. It really just depends on what feels most comfortable to the gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back