Best home beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
I have a 7yo DD who just finished level 3 and is working towards level 4, but she really needs to increase her confidence on beam and I wanted to get her one for home. Where is the best place to get one from?

Thanks,

Hi there!

If you go to Ebay, there are lots of online stores that sell them. I bought my DD's beam from a company called "thebeamstore" (from what I can remember). Like I said, I found it through Ebay. Several of the moms from our gym bought from the same company and the customer service was great.

-Lynn

As Tumblequeen mentioned....we also got ours at the beam store off ebay. Great prices, great costumer satisfaction!!!!! Best advice though....we went with a smaller beam (length) because she was only doing rec gym at the time. Now that DD is a L4, I wish I had bought the regulation sized one so if you have the room...go for it!

I got mine from DGS 9.9 They're one of my favorite companies.

I also got my gymmie's beam from ebay. Made by a gym coach in NY and it has the covering of the beams in the gym, so it doesnt' feel different if she practices at home. We got it over 3 yrs ago, so I don't remember the seller's name. It is 8' long and does not fold, but very easy to stand up in a corner. It has certainly held up well with all the practice she's done on it.

This seller also has several sayings you can pick from and he puts it on the side of the beam.

The least expensive solution is to make one. That's what we did. We bought a 4" x 6" x 12' at Home Depot and covered it first with a thin foam (about 1/4" thick) and then with vinyl. My husband added a perpendicular "foot" at each end for stabilization. She used it on the floor at first but now we've raised it up on two platforms with her mat underneath. Works great and it was less than $50 for everything.

My grandpa made my beam. It was a christmas gift when I was 5. Buy a beam off the internet, however, if you make one it will be more personal and cheaper!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back