Parents Best Recipes for Smoothies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TumbleTimes4

Proud Parent
Now that we are headed into summer practice, I’m looking for some new smoothie recipes for DD to take to practice with her. They only get short breaks and it’s easier for her to drink the smoothie to refuel than to try and eat something quick. We have two that we have been using, but she would like to try something new. Does anybody have a recipe they would care to share?

Ours are pretty simple. A banana, some yogurt, frozen berries with spinach or kale (in the freezer section), and just enough juice or milk to blend it.

This is one that my son and I love.

A banana, almond milk, scoop of good quality vanilla protein powder, and some unsweetened cocoa powder.

We use unsweetened almond milk and our protein powder is stevia sweetened. Depending on what you use would make it more or less sweet. I also put a pinch of instant coffee in it as it makes the chocolate flavor a little richer.

You could put a bit of peanut or almond butter in it to make it even more hearty. I bet it could even hold some kale and stay good.

Good base to play with.

Oh yeah! My daughter doesn’t like yogurt or bananas in her smoothies so she just does frozen berries with kale. I add a juice box and a bit of lemon juice. These also make great popsicles.

4 oz almond milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 2 semi-frozen bananas, 1 single serve (5.3 oz) Oikos nonfat vanilla Greek Yogurt.
Yummy to the tummy. Of course, I pair it with Honey and Oat granola bars so I am pairing the the protein and the carbs (which my dietician was super impressed with because it helps with satiety and helps maintain energy level and prevent carb crash).

4 oz almond milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 2 semi-frozen bananas, 1 single serve (5.3 oz) Oikos nonfat vanilla Greek Yogurt.
Yummy to the tummy. Of course, I pair it with Honey and Oat granola bars so I am pairing the the protein and the carbs (which my dietician was super impressed with because it helps with satiety and helps maintain energy level and prevent carb crash).
My favorite is similar- 1 banana, 1Tbsp of peanut butter, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, ice, 1/2 cup almond milk. I also sprinkle a tiny bit of salt in to bring out the pb flavor. I’ve added protein powder as well but it’s good without. I don’t like berry smoothies that much.

My favorite is similar- 1 banana, 1Tbsp of peanut butter, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, ice, 1/2 cup almond milk. I also sprinkle a tiny bit of salt in to bring out the pb flavor. I’ve added protein powder as well but it’s good without. I don’t like berry smoothies that much.
Lol, I can't use protein powder (allergic to something in it, but can't pinpoint it).
I dont like berry smoothies much either.
This smoothie is just something easy for me to make for myself that I won't end up sharing with the dogs and cats. I will have to try a tiny bit of salt in it ... if I can locate the salt - it disappeared and I can only find the garlic salt right now ;)

We do frozen tropical fruit, a giant scoop of Greek yougurt, a banana, then sometimes avocado for fat and orange juice or milk.

Frozen banana + 3 ice cubes + 2-3 T peanut butter powder + single-serve container vanilla yogurt (Greek or regular) + 1 c. milk

1/2 frozen banana + 1 c. frozen fruit + single-serve container yogurt + 1 c. fruit juice (I love this one with frozen cherries, peach yogurt, and peach-flavored juice)

1 c. Trader Joe's frozen tropical fruit mix + single-serve container yogurt + 1 c. orange juice (really good with mango yogurt)

1/2 cup Aldi frozen mixed or tropical fruit
1/4 cupNaked juice Green Machine
1/4 cupApple juice
1 TBS Honey or agave nectar
2-3 drops Vanilla extract
1 TBS Malted milk powder
1/2 cup Ice

Not a smoothie recipe but very similar and a great post-workout snack; blend 1 frozen banana (chopped), 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter and 1/2-1 scoop chocolate protein powder (to taste or desired horsepower) until it reaches the consistency of hard ice cream. The protein within an hour of training really helps fend off muscle soreness.

Thank you all for the ideas. I will also share the one that we have been using:

1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1 banana
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup frozen pineapple
2 Tbsp protein powder
1 Tbsp Chia seeds
1Tbsp ground flax seeds
20 oz of water

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads