MAG Best resource for figuring out difficulty of skills?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Pwicks

Proud Parent
I seem to recall that there was an app that could help figure out the difficulty level of certain skills (A, B, C, etc...) My L8 sons new gym is trying to get his routines together quickly to qualify him for states he showed me his pommel horse routine and I noticed that he took his flairs out of his routine (level 7 he had the flairs in the routine). He tells me that the difficulty score for flairs is no better than circles but I told him now that he's optional level he should have a definitive resource for checking difficulty levels himself.

Thanks in advance.

I seem to recall that there was an app that could help figure out the difficulty level of certain skills (A, B, C, etc...) My L8 sons new gym is trying to get his routines together quickly to qualify him for states he showed me his pommel horse routine and I noticed that he took his flairs out of his routine (level 7 he had the flairs in the routine). He tells me that the difficulty score for flairs is no better than circles but I told him now that he's optional level he should have a definitive resource for checking difficulty levels himself.

Thanks in advance.

The code of points is the best resource. It has everything. THere is an app called Men's SKills, but it is often not complete, or incorrect. My son uses the FIG COP and his coach to figure it out. They work together to figure out how to do it.

Now, L8 is completely different. It ahs requirements that the other optional levels do not have. Those have to be met and are scored differently than L9 and 10. those are in the Age Group Program, and the coach should have that too.

Agree with everything skschlag said above. The FIG COP is free online and is the best resource for skill values, but L8 follows a different set of requirements/rules as well. I have also found the 3D Gym Men app to be helpful as it gives animations of the skills. I think it is fairly complete and generally accurate, but again does not address specific requirements for L8. Also, your son is correct that a flair has the same value as a circle (both are A value skills), so he only would need to do both if he needed it to reach 8 skills in his routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back