Parents Best strong hold hair products!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kimute

Proud Parent
I am looking for good strong hold hair gels and sprays. We have been unable to get my daughter's bun to stay in this season! Maybe it is the harder, faster tricks? It used to work... She is a 13 yo level 9. Recommendations are very welcome!

Goody spin pins, we use only 2 one on each side of bun they will never fall out plus hair net. Got2b glued gel we use a little, super hold but it dries very fast so practice first.

And knot a hair net around the bun and put it in a snood, that I used to anchor in with hairpins (not bobby pins) ...the knotted hair net worked so well we always had to cut it out with scissors after the meets.

Got2B glued is the best stuff. I use the blue gel and the blasting freeze spray. My dd has super fine hair and she's never had her bun come close to falling out! I do have to gel every single part of the hair in every step to get it to hold.

I do the bun donut, as a pp mentioned. And starting with damp hair around the scalp which allows the gel to dry and really hold helps too. I do a high pony, gel, comb, and secure with a rubber hair tie (not the cloth coated ones, it's the goody brand that is literally rubber). Bun ring on, spread out hair, gel, rubber elastic around. Gel remaining hair and braid, put small holder on end of braid, wrap around, rubber elastic around that. Snap clips for the ends that need to be held down (gelled down before clipping). 3-4 bobby pins. Tons of hair spray everywhere!

She's not up in optionals yet, so hopefully this continues to work with harder tricks. But I have done her hair the night before a meet, she sleeps in it, goes to school, goes to an afternoon meet and I only have to do a quick spray to hold down tiny flyaways right before the meet.

Got2B is awesome if she is okay with her hair being rock hard! One of my kids is cool with that and the other is absolutely not. I've started to use a milder gel just to get all the pieces smoothed down and then I spray the crap out of it using Tresame level 4 hold. It has been great so far even with the harder and faster moves!

Got2B glued is the best gel and hairspray. Look for the black bottle and yellow can. DD’s hair will not move. When we take the scrunching and hair ties out, the ponytail is still in place. I put the gel in her hair when it’s wet and then I braid it and put it up. Once it’s up, I spray it with the freeze spray. She usually sleeps in it overnight and her hair is still in place the next morning. Just need to touch up one or two tiny flyaways.

Got2b Glued is the strongest out there for flyaways. But for the bun, I followed a youtube video where you do 2 braids and then wrap them into a bun, then some pins. It's pretty solid. I like the look as well.

Hairnet...my dd has long extremely thick hair and the only way it could keep a bun is if I used a hairnet. We also used a donut but I'm not sure if that is needed...it was for her since her hair is so thick. No amount of product will keep it in you need a something physical. Also using the net cuts down on bobby pins and hair product needed.

We like to use the Garnier spray gel in a clear green bottle to use during styling, because it wets the hair, but stays flexible for a little bit while you're styling. Then I finish with the Got2B Glued hairspray in the yellow bottle. The spray gel we use doesn't look flaky, which I love. We've tried others that get flaky and white, and the Got2B hairspray makes her hair rock hard, it doesn't move!

Hair nets work great. It’s a belt and suspenders approach.

Our gym recommends Unicorn Snot. Truth be told we don’t use it so I can’t vouch for it. But I don’t have many opportunities to write Unicorn Snot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back