Beth had a great meet Saturday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Her team started off on Vault--love starting there because she does well on vault and it gives her a boost :). She did well again! Scored a 9.5 and took 2nd in her age group.

Moved to bars next--her teammate before her did fantastic--scored a 9.525, but Beth did well too and got a 9.35--2nd to her teammate (those two compete all the time--makes them both work harder LOL!).

Beam Beth was a little shaky and scored an 8.85 (no falls though)--and 4th place.

Floor is probably her worst event--typically. She struggles with pointing toes, keeping legs straight etc. She did get a 9.175 though--didnt place. (I thought floor scores were really high that session!).

All-around she took 3rd place and their team took 1st so they were all happy--they got practice cancelled last night for doing so well. :)

Oh--best of all--two of our girls that hadn't yet qualified for State DID!! One had been pretty far away, but this meet she pulled it all together and made it. We have two girls yet to qualify. One just did all-around for the first time at this meet (and missed qualifying by 0.2)--the other is injured and still does only 2 events, so I don't know if she'll have a chance to qualify.

Here are links to her routines (first is vault, bars & beam and second is floor).
WCBeth.flv video by cathik - Photobucket

WCBethFloor.flv video by cathik - Photobucket

If it doesn't work, let me know! Never posted a link here before so I'm not sure what I'm doing!

I hate when the get a 9 and don't place!

She looks great, and I love her vault. It looks so good!

Good job Beth.

Hey I forgot we were at the same meet we could've met up and said Hi maybe next time. We were even in the same session I rememebr seiing your DD's bars and thining they were great and she was ready for 8 with those bars.

Good job

She did a great job! I loved the floor!

I'm jealous that she has so many people cheering, I wish Bean had more than just her family. All that encouragement has got to make her feel good.

Congrats! Your vault is beautiful! What a nice reward to get a day off for a job well done. Thanks for the video.

I remembered we were in the same session, but didn't know what team your DD was with--I was trying to find her the whole time!

I'm not sure what her floor music is called. I'll find out (she didn't pick it out)

She did a great job! I loved the floor!

I'm jealous that she has so many people cheering, I wish Bean had more than just her family. All that encouragement has got to make her feel good.

Sometimes I think our team is a little too obnoxious with the cheering. The girls from other levels all come and cheer them on and the parents are also into cheering (in our defense, when we are at a meet and a team doesn't get a lot of cheers at the introduction, we cheer for them too!).

I'll keep an eye out--I know I've seen MN Valley at a lot of meets! Have you found out yet when she competes at NL? We haven't and I want to know!

Okay, just got the e-mail today that we compete Sunday evening--hopefully we'll see you there :)!!

Great Job!!! Love the floor routine, what is the name of Beth's floor routine music?

I asked her coach and she said that there isn't a name for it--the company just gives numbers and she won't share--doesn't want others in our area using the same place! (I mentioned I didn't think you were from this area, but oh well LOL!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back