Parents Beth's State meet--level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

went pretty good on Saturday--she was first thing in the morning--poor girl had to get up by 6 and leave by 6:30 as I had to be there for a volunteer meeting (our gym hosted--I entered vault scores all day both days). They started on bars--I didn't get to see it! But she got a low (for her) 9.25--didn't place at all, so I don't know what she did. Beam--she fell on her series (back walkover, back handspring)--got a 8.675. She was mad at herself, but got it back together for floor. She got a 9.225--about what she usually gets--tied for 10th. Vault she did fabulous. I got to see her score first and one judge gave her a 9.6! Ended up with a 9.425--finished 2nd to her teammate (who got a 9.475. She was tied for 11th all-around, but they only went out 10 places.

She was happy though :). She'll be moving up to level 8 this summer, so she's now excited to uptrain more (they do all year, but hit it harder in the summer and after States--obviously.

The rest of the team did well too--with only 4 level 7s, they finished 5th! That's pretty good considering the huge teams out there. Our level 8 team finished 2nd and everyone in level 8 & 10 (we don't have any 9s) made it to Regionals except one girl (who's had an awful year, so it wasn't a surprise).

Ooh your hand must be tired toady. That is a long weekend. Must've been interesting to see the judging from the other side of the table, so to speak. SOunds like she had a good meet and has the excitement of moving on to her L8 skills training now. Nice job on the team result.

Congrats to your DD!!!She had a wonderful meet!!!Kind of sucks that you had to work during her session. You didn't get pleasure of watching all of her great routines(except vault). Couldn't that be arranged better next time? Our gym always plans the volunteer schedule, so that no one misses watching their DD compete. Your DD did great & so did her team:D, I just don't think you should have had to miss it, JMHO. Good luck to DD training for L8, I'm sure she's very excited!

Glad she had a nice State meet and that her team did well, too.

I agree about not having to work during your DDs session. We had to work many hours at our hosted meets at DDs old gym, but we never had to work during our DDs session, unless we wanted to. Some mamas liked to work hospitality during their daughters session because the judges and coaches were busy during that time anyway, so they could watch their daughter while roaming. I enjoy sitting and watching all the girls on team and cheering for them, so I prefer not to work during her session.

Good Job Beth!! Good for her on getting it back together after her beam fall she finished up the rest of her events strong.Bummer you did not get to watch all of it.

Congratulations to Beth! She had a great meet. That is some tough competition to wind up in 11th with such great scores. The time after the State meet is always so much fun. The relief in the gym is almost palpable and the girls are so excited to get to move on to new skills. Congrats again!

Meg

Yeah, we had to sign up to volunteer before we knew the meet schedule. I could have tried to get someone to replace me, but figured it wasn't a big deal!

Glad she had a nice State meet and that her team did well, too.

I agree about not having to work during your DDs session. We had to work many hours at our hosted meets at DDs old gym, but we never had to work during our DDs session, unless we wanted to. Some mamas liked to work hospitality during their daughters session because the judges and coaches were busy during that time anyway, so they could watch their daughter while roaming. I enjoy sitting and watching all the girls on team and cheering for them, so I prefer not to work during her session.

I like working in the gym better--like the energy and see all the routines :). At meets our gym has done previously I always entered scores into the computer and printed out final results for awards, etc. Love doing that! We'd always pause during entering to watch our girls compete, if needed. But they rented electronic scoreboards this year--and the guy came with to do all that, so the best I could do was enter scores at the individual event. Still fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back