BHS mental block

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Vaasu

Gymnast
hello everybody!
I’m having a bit of trouble keeping my backhandspring. I tend to have it for a few hours consistently and then hours later I just can’t seem to do it and blank right before the skill. It’s getting very frustrating and causing loads of tears. I know I can do it and have done it plenty of times. Any help at all would be appreciated!

(I have it 100% on trampoline)

hello everybody!
I’m having a bit of trouble keeping my backhandspring. I tend to have it for a few hours consistently and then hours later I just can’t seem to do it and blank right before the skill. It’s getting very frustrating and causing loads of tears. I know I can do it and have done it plenty of times. Any help at all would be appreciated!

should add that I have a consistent back walkover!

hello everybody!

If you have a mat that might be a good way to keep it consistent or any cushions or mattress because your body might be afraid of landing on a solid surface like grass

When you blank out I recommend stopping so you don’t hurt yourself and also not getting into that habit of having it and losing it. So always end on a good one. So the next day your body knows what it needs to do.

Just keep practicing and I hope this helps!
Good luck!

A back handspring is not a skill that is safe to practice at home, nor are back walkovers. Not even on a trampoline. Please try to go to a gym where you can learn the proper, safe way to do iT without being blocked on and off.

If you have a mat that might be a good way to keep it consistent or any cushions or mattress because your body might be afraid of landing on a solid surface like grass

When you blank out I recommend stopping so you don’t hurt yourself and also not getting into that habit of having it and losing it. So always end on a good one. So the next day your body knows what it needs to do.

Just keep practicing and I hope this helps!
Good luck!
Will definitely give this a shot! Thank you loads! :)

A back handspring is not a skill that is safe to practice at home, nor are back walkovers. Not even on a trampoline. Please try to go to a gym where you can learn the proper, safe way to do iT without being blocked on and off.
Should’ve mentioned that is reoccuring at the gym as well! I do cheerleading and gymnastics at a club, and I’m having the same problem there! I was told by both coaches to go back to the basics, such as the barrell and I am now doing so. They both believe I have the strength and ability to do it but my mind just shuts off? I sure hope it gets better before competition season :/

Should’ve mentioned that is reoccuring at the gym as well! I do cheerleading and gymnastics at a club, and I’m having the same problem there! I was told by both coaches to go back to the basics, such as the barrell and I am now doing so. They both believe I have the strength and ability to do it but my mind just shuts off? I sure hope it gets better before competition season :/
I think not doing iT at home Will for sure work. And listen to your coaches, our bosjes usually do not go backwards so that is a scary thing for your head.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back