Parents Big Optional Meet Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
So, despite having done this for a few years with my older kid, the last two seasons she competed were so impacted by COVID that there was very limited travel involved. That said, can you all remind me of approximately how far in advance the bigger meets (WOGA, Hill's, etc) publish the schedule? Any idea if they tend to keep similar schedules year to year? I'm starting to panic looking at my work schedule and flight costs! Thanks!

It depends on the scratch date/entry deadline date. Some meets just have a preliminary schedule despite not having all entries, but usually a few days after the scratch deadline at latest, but we haven't been to a lot of larger meets. I know Rochester Classic which is pretty big this year already has a tentative schedule and it's not until February.

I wish we were going to some of the same meets as your gym this year! I think a lot of the big meets are already putting out travel schedules. So far, we have 1 schedule and 2 that have given a ballpark. I think most big meets will have at least that, if not the actual schedule, by mid December. I'm definitely not ready for the season to start yet and have been putting off finalizing everything. I'm sure I'll pay the price, literally, for putting it off. o_O

Wow - I can't find anything, even a tentative schedule. This was much easier when both my kids were gymnasts and I didn't have to worry about conflicting schedules!! @mom2newgymnast, it's so strange - we are only doing 4 regular season meets and all are travel. We usually have at least one nearby! You guys have some fun ones that I always wish we could go to. Good luck to your kiddo!

Wow - I can't find anything, even a tentative schedule. This was much easier when both my kids were gymnasts and I didn't have to worry about conflicting schedules!! @mom2newgymnast, it's so strange - we are only doing 4 regular season meets and all are travel. We usually have at least one nearby! You guys have some fun ones that I always wish we could go to. Good luck to your kiddo!
Ha, I was hoping for something new! Lol. The first meet is a new meet for us, but I’ve been to Hilton head many times. 2 meets in Orlando at the ESPN wwos is a nightmare to me. I do like the other 2, although we’ve been many times. And we have no local meets either. :( $$$ Good luck to yours too!

Ha, I was hoping for something new! Lol. The first meet is a new meet for us, but I’ve been to Hilton head many times. 2 meets in Orlando at the ESPN wwos is a nightmare to me. I do like the other 2, although we’ve been many times. And we have no local meets either. :( $$$ Good luck to yours too!
That is crazy - TWO meets in Orlando at WWOS?! Wow!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back