WAG bigger chest support for competitions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello all! Hope your days are going well,

I think it is stupid that we have a deduction for our bra straps, what about those with the bigger chest? At least make leotards that accommodate those with slightly bigger chests. I am a little bit on the bigger chested side and cannot find a sports bra that holds me in AND does not show during competitions. If anyone has recommendations please feel free to send them! The only good bras I've found that hold me in are the Nike ones, but those cover my whole back and go down almost to my belly button and can be seen through my leotard.

Thank you!

I’m sorry and I’m with you. LEOs should not be cut so they don’t allow for good support. FYI there are many bras that have clear straps. That’s what my daughter uses at this point.

I think the leotard is tight enough to act as a bra even though my chest is way below the chest size on the size chart. I’m not big or small chested (although the size chart sizes makes me think otherwise even though I look middle of the road) but I never started wearing a bra so my chest muscles got used to holding up breasts as I grew. I know some girls are super uncomfortable without a bra so it sure would be nice for them to have the option of wearing one that matches the color of the leotard! I have sensory issues so wearing a bra is out of the question for me. I have found that doing inclined push ups helps build chest muscles so maybe could make you need the support a little less

Unrelated to the substance of this thread, but be aware: threads like this tend to get a TON of lurker traffic. You can reliably assume that anything you say in this thread is being read by large numbers of strangers.

If you get any strange DMs, let a mod know and we'll deal with it.

That's all, carry on

Athleta has some really good options. It depends on the cut of the back of your leo, but my daughter has one she absolutely loves that works with her comp leo (can't find the exact name of it at the moment).

If you get any strange DMs, let a mod know and we'll deal with it.

We have implemented one safety feature (not that this makes the internet safe)... new members start off as "restricted" so they cannot DM anyone but staff. After a certain number of posts in the regular forums... then they can DM regular members. It puts a slight cushion on getting straight in and sending private messages to people.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back