Blind Changes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So i have been kinda working blind changes. I have had my giants for 6 years, and they are pretty much perfected. I did blinds a little bit last year on a single rail channel bar with a pit on the other side. I did a few this summer, and did 9 yesterday. I'm wondering if they are something that you can just get on a bar and chuck, or do you need spot? Cuz my coaches can't spot anything (we had another girl come in to spot me yesterday). Also, and tips/tricks/whatever to help me?
PS i can do them pretty good with spot on the channel bar, but i don't know...

Oh!
Also, i need help with my FHS front 1/1 front tuck.
I can do the front full, but i can only get a bound out of it somedays, but its never enough to do a front tuck out of it.
Any ideas?

as far as the blind changes go, different people learn different. if you have a channel bar like i had (with blocks on both sides) then you can work a blind change by doing swing half turns up onto the blocks. you can still work them without the blocks, they just might take a little longer. since it seems like you are comfortable with them with a spot you should be ok. i'd start with a cast to horizontal and a swing half turn. do that a few times and then try to cast higher and wait longer on the turn. eventually you'll be able to cast to handstand and do a blind change. for the fhs front 1/1 punch front, it sounds like you are not turning the fhs over far enough. typically to do a front 1/1 you want your feet out in front slightly on the landing of the fhs so that you don't over rotate the front. now that you want to over rotate the front you'll want your feet more underneath you on the fhs but not so far that your front full goes into the ground. by getting your feet underneath more on the fhs, the front 1/1 should turn over more so that you are more upright on the landing and can punch into another skill. hope that helps. let me know if you have any other questions.

With the blinds, would i be better off doing them over a pit bar? We have a set of bars that are over a pit. I have watched my friend miss a hand on it before, and lets just say we were all glad she was on the pit bar.
Thanks for the advice!
:)

If you have a pit bar that is definitely a safe place to work them. I think since you have done them before you will be ok. Count to 3 and go... the first one is ALWAYS the scariest. Good luck!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back