Blocks on beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Hi,
Beam isn't my best event. I can't jump on beam AT ALL and I can't cartwheel for my life.
I was so excited on Tuesday because I figured out a GREAT jump series (tuck-wolf) which was terrible before, but it was looking great on Tues. It was so high, pointed toes, etc. Now, I have a block on just doing even wolf jump, even on low beam! I just can't get myself to do it. I completely freeze. I've never even FALLEN doing it; I just freeze up. I'm not scared, I just get...stuck. Very frusterating.

I was also excited because my cartwheel on beam was looking great too! Stuck every single time perfectly. Not a flaw. Today I would bail out of it 5 times then go for it, but not stuck. I guess I don't turn my shoulders/hips anymore, and it's frusterating.

Thanks for any help.

It happens to every gymnast on alot of things. Go back to the basics start on the floor on a seam or line and get the jump right then back to the beam that sits directly on the floor then to the low beam with the foam blocks or panel mats on each side of the beam. Then with out the panel mats. Then to the high beam with the big foam blocks under the beam and panel mats on each side then remove the panel mats then remove the foam block.

It's hard when you have to take 2 steps back to move forward but don't give up hope and remember everyone has these moments.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back