Off Topic Bonfire Night!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, what's everyone doing?

I'm just going to the local display with a couple of friends :D

AND BE CAREFUL WITH FIREWORKS! (very very important. I know someone who got third degree burns, and he was lucky :( )

We celebrated yesterday, we combined it with Halloween, it worked out so well we might do it that way every year.

We still had snow on the ground so we also had a snowball fight.

Nobody else we know celebrates it here in Quebec, but it is one childhood joy that I can't let go of. My kids love it, just the smell of the fireworks is exciting.

Hope you have fun, and yes, stay safe.

I love it! I read several pages in the link, thanks bog. What a fun holiday. Esp. since, as the article suggests, it can be taken two ways, either to celebrate having saved the king, or to commemmorate a political radical (Guy Fawkes). I remember reading several novels that menioned Guy Fawkes day & I always thought it was some sort of an independence day (b/c of the fireworks, I presume).

So, do any of you Brits walk around w/ an effigy of 'the Guy' and ask for money & then burn him? Sounds a bit barbaric, LOL!

Have fun!:D

Mother did not approve of "penny for the Guy" when we were kids, so we didn't, but we really wanted too. It really looks like begging when you see kids do it, as an adult looking back on it, it really is a terrible thing to let your kids do!

We once burned an effigy of Guy, but have since decided it's a bit too much, especially when the kids friends go home and tell their parents that we burn fakes bodies!

If you see the recipe for Parkin on that site, it is a delicious spice cake, we often have it hot with whipped cream, yum. Just what you need a week after halloween.

So, do any of you Brits walk around w/ an effigy of 'the Guy' and ask for money & then burn him? Sounds a bit barbaric, LOL!

Have fun!:D

Yeah we do! It's great. Sometimes the whole street makes a really big bonny and we throw him in and set off fireworks as well. And write our names with sparklers :)

What fun! Bog, that cake sounds dee-lish! I'm drooling over the thought of it!

I heart, you'd better check w/ bog on your guy-burning activities, sounds like you may be in some trouble there, LOL!

Have fun you all.:p

Yeah we do! It's great. Sometimes the whole street makes a really big bonny and we throw him in and set off fireworks as well. And write our names with sparklers :)

I love doing the writing names with sparklers :) We haven't done anything for bonfire night this year because its so much colder than usual but last night me and my sister watched fireworks out of my bedroom window- a lot warmer than being at a party!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back