WAG Bono quit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I can't blame Simone, Aly and every other person for wanting someone NOT affiliated with the Nassar mess and cover up....there are over 48,000 law firms in the US and USAG hires a person from the very firm that was involved...there was no one in the other 47,999 firms not affiliated?! Do your homework USAG...

Going forward , they should say to their rescruiters...

"Our next CEO":

1.Cannot be affiliated with any firm, person, idea, past romance with, took a class with, was in a carpool with, any involvement with however casual etc...the law firms representing USAG, MSU and Nassar.

2. Please vet the social media activity of a proper hire BEFORE they are hired...that's what we are paying you for .

We now hold our breaths...

I can't blame Simone, Aly and every other person for wanting someone NOT affiliated with the Nassar mess and cover up....there are over 48,000 law firms in the US and USAG hires a person from the very firm that was involved...there was no one in the other 47,999 firms not affiliated?! Do your homework USAG...

Going forward , they should say to their rescruiters...

"Our next CEO":

1.Cannot be affiliated with any firm, person, idea, past romance with, took a class with, was in a carpool with, any involvement with however casual etc...the law firms representing USAG, MSU and Nassar.

2. Please vet the social media activity of a proper hire BEFORE they are hired...that's what we are paying you for .

We now hold our breaths...

Exactly my thoughts.

They don't need to find someone with full CEO level credentials right now. Someone who understands the weight of what a new USAG must represent, smart and educated enough to handle the responsibility(she can hire more experienced business people to help) who will be acceptable to the past and current National team gymnasts and who we all can believe has the best interest of ALL gymnasts and their families at heart. How about someone like Racheal Denhollander?

... maybe consult some of their ex elites??

Since Simone and Aly have power, based on their individual credibility, to bring down a new CEO (even an interim CEO), it seems prudent (.... overdue.....) to involve them centrally in the search process. I believe Aly and Simone’s intents are pure, and represent the athlete-centered approach that USAG says it is attempting. Talk about “Stakeholders.”

The search committee needs to fix its blind spots.

Option A: USAG acknowledges Simone and Aly’s importance, credibility, value, etc., and involves them in the search process (in a meaningful manner.)

Option B: USAG keeps shooting itself in the foot.

If Simone and Aly don't sign off on the new CEO (before USAG announces the hire)... we will be back in the same situation until the board learns.

When your two top priorities are signaling willingness to listen to the athletes and attracting corporate sponsors, and when your biggest star is a black athlete sponsored by Nike, picking a CEO who has publicly come out against Nike for their support of a black athlete speaking out is an astonishingly boneheaded move.

USAG needs to understand two things. 1) The biggest problem they have right now is not with image, but rather with institutional culture, and 2) hiring image consultants or insiders is quite possibly the worst way to address problems with institutional culture. As I have said before, what they need right now as an interim is a board fixer who will help them set up a much cleaner search process for the new permanent CEO. A good board fixer will ask the right questions about the stakeholders and will, for G-d's sake, be able to see that Biles and Raisman are stakeholders.

They need to fire their headhunter first and foremost! Even I do a quick google search of potential candidates social media when I’m hiring someone and my team is not charged with protecting a vulnerable group of people. She never would have passed the first gate for head of USAG.

Yeah, I've been on high level search committees as well, and . . . um, no. You trust your headhunting firm to do this work to some extent, but if you're responsible, you check as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back