WAG Booster club/sponsorship questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What is the best way to get sponsorships for equipment. Our gym is going usag this coming up season and we need new equipment and we are trying to raise money for it. But we recently leArned that if a company donated money to the gyms booster club it can't be used to buy equipment. Only to help fund the girls. And the problem that we are running into is the companies will only donated if we have a 501c3 which means it has to go to the booster and not equipment.

Wouldn't it be the responsibility of the gym owner to buy equipment, and thus, it would come out of the tuition you pay to the gym....

I know of gyms that require an annual equipment fee be paid by all team families. All donations go to the booster club throughout the year but I suppose, in the end, it would be a wash if those families then had to turn around and write a check to the gym to fund upgraded equipment. But technically yes, it is the gyms responsibility, not the booster club.

Technically a booster club that is a 501c3 can only use funds for nonprofit reasons and since your gym is probably a for profit business then they cannot use the funds to purchase equipment. The gym becomes the owners of the equipment and they would profit from the use of the equipment. I hope yall can figure something out!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back