Booster Clubs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

Pieper_momof07

Does anybody know if our Booster Club can become 301c in Washington State? And if so, can they ask for grants from grantors? Or is that illegal?

Do you mean 501c3 status? I am not sure about Washington but, that is what the Booster Clubs are in MN. I suggest getting an accountant to do the paperwork for this status. We didn't and it took 2 years to get all done right. It slowed up what the Booster Club could get done. Also look on the web at other Booster Club Bylaws in your area or other states to get what you want. Many clubs have well written bylaws and you can just edit them. Other Booster Clubs are usually willing to gve info if you need. Our local clubs were helpful to us. Good luck Booster Clubs are great but they require parents with great people skill, money skills and so forth.:)

Yes, we are in Washington and we have a 501c3 status.
Do you know if it was difficult to become 501c(3)? We are starting a gym, and want to have the booster club raise funds for equipment, spring floor, etc...I was just making sure it was legal. Thanks.

I beleive the only way a Booster club can raise funds for agym is if they are both non-profit. Our club is a for profit business and we as a non-profit Booster Club are not allowed to do anything that would directly aid the gym to be more profitable. Such as equipment and things like that. The booster Clubs of a non-profit gym can share $$. I could be wrong but that is how it was explained to me. Find an attorney or accountatn to help you understand this all.:)

I beleive the only way a Booster club can raise funds for agym is if they are both non-profit. Our club is a for profit business and we as a non-profit Booster Club are not allowed to do anything that would directly aid the gym to be more profitable. Such as equipment and things like that. The booster Clubs of a non-profit gym can share $$. I could be wrong but that is how it was explained to me. Find an attorney or accountatn to help you understand this all.:)
Okay, thanks! I appreciate it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back