Brag and please help...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

Pickle's Mom

I’m outing myself in a way that I never thought I would on this board. I’m also putting this in the form of a brag and not a solicitation, because I don’t want to cross any lines on this board.

My family and I (along with some other girls at the gym) worked together to create a 60-second video for Verity's “Cartwheel for a Cause” contest. The cause featured in the winning video gets $5000. Pickle (level 5) stars. My 6 yo son did the camera work. My husband wrote the script. I did the editing. I think the kids did an amazing job.

We made our video on Northwest Harvest. For those of you not in Washington State, this organization provides food for 300 food banks in the state. You can find out more by watching the video. Our gymmies are so fortunate to have the food they need to power their little bodies. Imagine being a 9yo and trying to do cartwheels if you didn’t have breakfast. Or even going to school?

You can see the video (and vote for it if you like) here. It is Video #1: Gabrielle Trimbell:
Verity Mom - Cartwheel for a cause

And, if you really like it, consider tweeting it, posting it to Facebook, or emailing it to parents at your gyms. While I think my video is the best, this contest is won entirely on votes.

That made me cry. Great job! She is beautiful and you guys did a wonderful job making the video. I voted!! Good luck to her!

And what a great idea they have to support a local cause. Loved some of the videos. :)

I watched some of the other videos and yours IS the best!. You deserve a big family brag for doing this together. Good Luck!

What a wonderful project for the family to do. I did vote for you, but a big kudo to all that made videos for a very good cause.

I’m outing myself in a way that I never thought I would on this board. I’m also putting this in the form of a brag and not a solicitation, because I don’t want to cross any lines on this board.

My family and I (along with some other girls at the gym) worked together to create a 60-second video for Verity's “Cartwheel for a Cause” contest. The cause featured in the winning video gets $5000. Pickle (level 5) stars. My 6 yo son did the camera work. My husband wrote the script. I did the editing. I think the kids did an amazing job.

We made our video on Northwest Harvest. For those of you not in Washington State, this organization provides food for 300 food banks in the state. You can find out more by watching the video. Our gymmies are so fortunate to have the food they need to power their little bodies. Imagine being a 9yo and trying to do cartwheels if you didn’t have breakfast. Or even going to school?

You can see the video (and vote for it if you like) here. It is Video #1: Gabrielle Trimbell:
Verity Mom - Cartwheel for a cause

And, if you really like it, consider tweeting it, posting it to Facebook, or emailing it to parents at your gyms. While I think my video is the best, this contest is won entirely on votes.

That was great! voted and will pass on to my friends on facebook! Good luck!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you who voted for our video and for all the sweet comments about Pickle. I looked at the stats and it was so cool to see that there were views from around the globe.

This has been a great project for the family. Making the video was a jumping off point for all sorts of conversations, not just about Northwest Harvest itself, but other things like nutrition, how we make money, and what makes a video people would like to look at.

Even if our video doesn't get the prize for Northwest Harvest, I personally feel like I am already a winner.

Really great job on the video! And the cause is really neat too. I voted for you guys. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back