Status
Not open for further replies.

l.c.o

Proud Parent
Oct 7, 2013
Country
USA
Hi all!

At state this month, my DD picked up a new no-slip headband. It's braided. DD fell in love with the darned thing and has now decided that it is "lucky" as it "takes her fears away". As of yet, no combination of words had successfully convinced her otherwise.

Seriously, this kid has finally attempted a BHS on beam. Because of the headband.

So, if I can't beat her, I'm joining her... I'm looking for more, and I can't find an exact replica anywhere. I searched the posted vendor Web sites from the meet, and none of them carry them. :/ Of course, DD instantly tossed the package it came in the day we bought it (that was before we knew of its special properties).

They look like this: http://www.kenzlaurenz.com/brhe.html

I'd really like to have a backup one if possible, as she's required to wear a no-slip headband anyway. DD's is pink, teal, and white, and that site doesn't have that combo. I did email to see if they'd do a custom one, but no reply as of yet (they're probably laughing at me ;)).

Anyway, if anyone knows of a super secret site that might carry similar ones, I'd love to know.

Thanks!

purpleleomom

Proud Parent
Nov 10, 2013
Country
USA
I've made headbands no-slip by dotting some puffy paint on the inside. And almost certain I've seen a diy for a headband like this from old t-shirts on Pinterest. One possibility!

NMNorskie

Proud Parent
Aug 13, 2014
The Land of Enchantment
Country
USA
I would try Etsy. If you can't find one just like it, you can probably find someone to make it...but even just typing in "braided headband sports," I'm seeing a whole bunch of possibilities.

headoverheels

Proud Parent
Jul 21, 2013
Country
USA
I've seen these at Academy Sports, Dick's and Five Below, if you are near any of those.

mimi

Proud Parent
Mar 4, 2012
Under Armour makes thick braided headbands like that. My dd has several.

Clover

Proud Parent
Jul 28, 2011
SW US
Country
USA
Yep, Under Armour makes lots of different varieties and colors of those. You can find them online at Dicks Sporting Goods or probably other places, too.

roll123

Proud Parent
Jan 27, 2013
I bought some from Amazon last year, not sure if they had your "lucky" color combo though!

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
Feb 20, 2014
Country
USA
Have you considered making a phone call to each vendor? see if they "happened to have" the headbands there, even though they don't actually carry them, and find out the brand?
Anyone else from your gym get one?

momto3kids

Proud Parent
Dec 4, 2012
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1421186008.064453.jpg

I found this on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.