Brand new to Chalk Bucket and need help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

competitivegymnast

Hi I'm new to Chalk Bucket and I've had trouble getting my kip. Can you give me some tips? ;)

Use the search function and read about a hundred threads on tips and drills for getting your kip.

Master L-hang, master V-hang (holding toes to bar). Master glide swing and doing drop kips with a coach or in a kip machine.

Glide, snap back toes quickly to bar, hold them there as your butt swings back and push down on the bar to support.

Cool! :DBy the way, do you find kips frustrating (or if you already have yours was it frustrating to learn?) Because I can't get mine.:mad: Any tips?

I have mine but how my coach teaches it is when you jump to the bar stretch your feet back away from the bar and glide out and stretch your feet out towards the high bar (but down low) then "pull your pants up" is how our coach teaches us but that means bring your toes-shins to the bar then slide your legs up (like you're pulling up your pants) then drive your heels so you get on top of the bars. But don't bend your arms because it's a bad habit and it's hard to fix. (sorry if it wasn't any help but it might be different than what your coach is telling you but that's how I know how to explained it. Or I don't really know what tips to give you because I can't see what you're doing.)

Actually, that's how my coach teaches me on bars, but I bend my arms (just slightly with a spot, I still can't get on top of the bar) so that's funny lol any way that will help me as part of my problem is the "pulling up the pants" part (I don't drive my heels up) so thanks :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back