Parents Bras for under competition leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
My daughter has started wearing a bra with her leos. For school, regular clothes, she has those little cotton camisole type. She started wearing them at practice, because she's feeling self conscious with her leotard (she doesn't truly NEED a bra). Within a week of daily wear, she has ripped two of them. So, we found some jog bras, and she's happy with those. We got colorful ones, so that if they "show" out of the straps of the tank leo, it's okay (when it was a nude/white bra, if it showed, she would change her leo).

Anyway, now that she's getting used to wearing these sports bras, I get this feeling that by comp season next September, she will want to wear a bra under her competition leotard.

Does anyone have any recommendations for bras for under low scoop backs for meets? Not looking for anything remotely heavy-duty. It can't be a sports bra racer back, as it's a wide scoop leo. But then, my feeling is if it's shoulder straps, would they fall off the shoulder? I've seen microfiber ones just likee the little cotton camisole kind, on GK, but I just wonder how the straps would do?

I am sure I'm overthinking this... But really, if anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate it!

Just ask some of the team moms with slightly older girls. They will know what works with your partucular Leo.

Reactions: sce
Just ask some of the team moms with slightly older girls. They will know what works with your partucular Leo.

This actually just made me laugh! Since joining CB, I've gotten so much information here that I didn't even think of that! LOL! Duh! I do have a couple of moms of older girls that I know that I can ask :)

We bought a nude one at Justice with clear straps, worked great under DD's comp leo that has a scoop neck. I don't see it online, but we found it at the store.

GK has some. Our gym "requires" a certain GK style. They're pricey though. If you can find the Justice one, I'm sure it would be cheaper.

This is what my dd wore during her comps. She wears the nude colored one.
www.shopjustice.com

item #2820513

That's the same style bra she's been wearing under her leos, but the straps have broken. Maybe the Justice one has more "give" (either that or my kid has the straps super tight, which could also be happening...)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back